Best iPod for a 9 year old??

Ok Ladies I need some advise... best ipod for a 9 year old??

My DD thinks that's what she wants for her birthday... and I'm clueless as to which is the best buy. I was looking on Amazon and they have the 4th generation iPod Touch for about $200 which is about what we want to spend. Any one have any advice, knowledge to offer??

Crafty26

Asked by Crafty26 at 4:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2013 in Technology

• DS loves his nano. I ended up with 2 so I gave him one of them or he wouldn't have one yet. He is really good with it though. He is only 7. I don't know if I would get a touch or any of the more expensive ones for a 9 yo unless they are really responsible.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 5:41 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• Honestly, I would not get a touch for a 9 yr old...but that's me. Hubby gave my son his (he wasn't using it anymore) for his 15th birthday and within 2 months he had lost it.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• what does she want it to be able to do?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:25 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• I think a iPod touch for a 9 yo is fine. That's how old my dd was when she got her first one. As long as she is somewhat responsible, she will love it!

Answer by missanc at 6:25 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• My DD has a nano for music and likes it. The touch is more versatile though.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:33 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• I didn't realize the iPods had that much stuff on them now. I guess the Touch would be the best one for all of that then. I have heard good things about it from a few friends who have one.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 6:39 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• None!

Answer by louise2 at 4:27 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• No offense, plaease, but I would not buy a 9 year old an iPod touch or no touch.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 4:30 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• I probably wouldn't get an iPod for a 9 yr. old.
    The touch is nice. I have a first gen and it still works well.

My older 2 each have a nano that my mom got them when they turned 11. My 15 yr. old doesn't use his much. the 13 yr. old has speakers for hers and uses it as an alarm clock and while taking a shower.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• Is she going to take it with her somewhere? If  she is going to take it with her somewhere, the i touch is good.  However they can be easily lost.  If she's going to use it at home I'd get a a tablet like the Samsung Galaxy.  We have the IPad tablet and its really nice, but if I bought another I'd go with Samsung because its cheaper.  

Im getting an i touch for my DD for her 12th birthday.  It's a 4th generation and was on clearance since the new 5th generation is out now.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:26 PM on Mar. 23, 2013