I'm still in love with an ex but given a rocky past I don't know If I should tell him

When I was still married a few years ago I had decided I wanted to leave my husband we both were in a bad place financially back then couldn't afford a divorce and wanted to move on with our lives but also couldn't afford to move out. So he started talking to other women and I started seeing another man. Me and the other guy dated for a year through my divorce and all but with all all the chaos and complications the situation brought I ended up dumping him. He tried to kill himself when we broke up and I have talked to him one other time and it didn't go so well. That has been a while ago and I am wanting to try and rekindle things I really miss him and still love him but I don't know given the suicide attempt and how Hurt he was with me if I should contact him.

Should I just leave him alone or see where it goes

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2013 in Relationships

• LET. IT. BE. I know you want to romanticize the suicide attempt (that he did it b/c he couldn't live without you). But, the truth of the matter is that he did it b/c he is unstable. I would never knowingly get involved with someone unstable.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 5:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• I am confused to which EX are you talking about? EX DH or EX BF?

Answer by louise2 at 5:21 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• Truthfully It doesn't matter which oneyou are talking aout.EXes are EXes for a reason.

Answer by louise2 at 5:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• Leave the poor man alone! He's doing fine w/o you and that says something doesn't it?
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 5:23 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• I'm not sure which ex you're talking about either, but it doesn't really matter. Leave it alone. He tried to kill himself - regardless of the reason he did that, it's a sign of some serious problems in him. Now maybe he could see/has seen a therapist and work it all out, but I'm assuming you have kids, and you really have to ask yourself if you want to bring someone like that around your kids. Plus, you broke up for a reason (or reasons), and those reasons don't usually go away. Or if they were superficial and DID go away, then you gave up much too easily and that would tell me that the feelings you think you have aren't as strong as you want to think they are.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• My feelings were strong for him but I was afraid of hurting my family at the time they didn't approve and were going to cut me off of help if I stayed with him because they believed I cheated on my husband with him and I didn't my ex husband was aware of the relationship. He was never unstable for the year and a half we were together but was very distraught when I left him. I have a couple mutual friends and they say he hasn't dated anyone since me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:36 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• Do you know what the definition of insanity is?

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting the results to be different.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• giving heartFinding love is not easy......starting from zero is hard....keep your heat ready by kissing good by to all ex's!!!

Monsita

Answer by Monsita at 12:39 PM on Mar. 25, 2013