Meeting guys who are worthwhile?

My friend says the guy I want does not exist. I want a guy who can support me and whom I can support. A guy with goals and honor. Too much to ask for?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 5:14 PM on Mar. 23, 2013 in Relationships

• Not asking too much, you just can't settle for less!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• No!! Your friend is nuts!
    I have 2 wonderful sons who would make any woman proud to have them in their lives!
    I raised them right, lol
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 5:16 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• Not asking too much - you just have to make sure you keep asking for it. I've set very high standards for any guy I might date at this point. I know some people think my standards are too high, and even some guys have told me that. But I figure I see guys who could meet those standards married to my friends, my cousins, my dad is even one of them. So I know they exist. I just have to be patient and wait for an unattached one to come along. Don't settle.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:46 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• Now granted, I'm a tad bitter, but yes it sure seems like it. I want a "non-exister" too, or at least I've been told.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 5:16 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• They exist, although most of them have been scooped up already. They're rare, but not a myth!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• No. That's not at all too much to ask for. I married a terrific man who is very supportive of me and my son. He has a professional job, is a leader in our Church and a great leader in our county/community...There are still some wonderful men out there and there is one for you. You just wait and see.
    A good tip: (Not to sound rude, just fact) If you want the best...look at the best places...
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 5:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• You can find that man, you just need to remember that those are the most important qualities and not limit yourself by piling on a bunch of less important qualifications on top of those. There are a lot of guys out there, all you have to do is find your favorite one. :D
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 5:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• No, you're not asking too much. I married my husband 5 years ago. He is an incredible father to my oldest 3 from my first marriage and we have 2 together. He has a great stable job and is very laid back. I am constantly amazed he wasn't already married!
    To be sure, if you expect less that's what you will get.

Answer by missanc at 6:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• So, she thinks there are no men with honor or goals or who are supportive?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• thats beyond bitter, thats therapy worthy
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:37 PM on Mar. 23, 2013