I took a PG test and the results are confusing.

I took a test and after the first 2 minutes there was no line in the control window. so i just automatically threw it away. I had a nagging feeling so i looked at it again about 30 minutes later. It said pos. clearly. I re read the instructions and it said to look at it before 10 minutes are up....But now I am bleeding and I am starting to wonder if i am pg or not....

goodfroggie

Asked by goodfroggie at 1:20 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would think you are not PG.

Old tests can give false positives.

Q: Can the test results change after a certain period of time, say 5 minutes?
    A: A positive result will not change after testing regardless of the time frame as the colored bands are actually stained on the test panel. However, in order to prevent any incorrect readings, the test results should never be interpreted after five (5) minutes.

http://www.craigmedical.com/pregnancy_faq.htm
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 1:23 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• take another test.
    Anonymous

• I would take another one, but you sound like you are on your period! Sorry...better luck next time!
    sara3308

Answer by sara3308 at 1:24 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Take another one. Just to be sure.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 1:37 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Yeah I would take another test and wait for the five-ten mins are up before you get rid of it. You can still be PG if you start your period. My mom had three light periods before she found out fhe was PG with my sis. Good Luck.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 1:56 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Take another one. It does sound like you are starting your period though. Hopefully you will get a positive test soon, if that's what you are hoping for!
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 2:25 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Could just be an evaporation line... I would test again. When the pee dries up sometimes you will get a line where the pee has dried.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 2:49 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• try it again goodluck
    rgie_wermager

Answer by rgie_wermager at 9:51 PM on Feb. 16, 2009