Bitter people

She is a good person just seems bitter about relationships do you stay friends or drop her?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 5:16 PM on Mar. 23, 2013 in Relationships

• as long as she isn't bringing ya down & talking about it 24-7
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 11:36 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• LMAO, I just joked that I'm "bitter" in your last question & then you posted this.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 5:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• I only surround myself with happy positive people.
    If her bitterness is just towards men and not you, then why drop her?
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 5:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• How intrusive is her bitterness in your life? Sometimes you can ignore it; other times it brings you down, and only you can decide what you'll put up with.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:09 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• It depends on how much influence that bitterness has in her daily life. If all she does is bitch about things, I would drop her just because it gets really old having to listen to someone constantly behave like that.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• Unless she's bitter all the time, I would just ignore it and continue the friendship. Or limit my time with her for a while. I have a friend that just complains all the time, I limit my time with her and when I talk to her.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:55 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• If you recognize that she's a good person, it sounds like you're able to contextualize that she has some baggage. If you can accept her as she is, I see no problem with remaining friends. It's a matter of boundaries, being able to let someone have their thoughts & feelings without it compromising your own well-being. If you don't make it about being wrong or right, and instead allow someone her perspective (while your own is still yours, and still okay, even if it differs from hers) then you probably have the space to feel okay about being friends.

It's harder to be friends if you are essentially trying to change her, or constantly defending your perspective & validating it (because it feels like you need to.) Then there's not really the space to allow you both to feel the way you feel, and have that be Okay.

It only takes one person to create or give that space, though. It's just knowing you don't have to fix/help her!
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 12:30 AM on Mar. 24, 2013

• IRL friend?

Answer by louise2 at 5:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• yes
    pinkdragon36

Comment by pinkdragon36 (original poster) at 5:19 PM on Mar. 23, 2013