And the Oscar goes to.........

We were at Scheel's (outdoor and sports store) and this kid,looked about 10,comes flying past us,and shoves my son out of his way,and into me,then trips on a low shelf and kinda falls to the floor in slow motion. Them OMG! The dramatics! He start wailing,"Oh mom! Oh mom! My ankle! Oh it hurts so bad!" He's crying and carrying on like he's bleeding to death,and he didn't have a scratch on him. We just stood there staring at him in shock,like seriously kid?! His mom just left him laying there on the floor,and kept asking him where it hurt. I would have made him get up and act his age and quit embarrassing us once I gave him a look over. We could hear him carrying on clear across the store. We later saw him walking and talking just fine.
And no,he didn't appear to be special needs.
Oh,and the mom saw him shove my son and didn't attempt to have him apologize,nor did she....not that she could get the chance.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 5:20 PM on Mar. 23, 2013 in General Parenting

• talking about bad parenting.. at work a little girl sitting right next to her mom looked at an employee and threw something on the floor. told her you have to pick that up bc thats your job. the mother just sat there and acted as if she didnt know what the kid did.

Answer by chrstny88 at 5:44 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• I'd say more like "the bad parenting award".

Answer by 3libras at 5:30 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• Sounds like Mama's raising her little boy to be as considerate as she is.

Answer by Ballad at 6:03 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• Not surprising these days..unfortunately.

Answer by 143myboys9496 at 7:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• No kidding!

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 5:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2013