Kudos to Target for hiring people with disabilities

my local store has a young man with autism who gets carts,and a man in a wheelchair working a register
The one I was at today had a BLIND man working a register. Nice guy. The woman ahead of me asked if he did not see that the price rang up wrong,and then fell all over herself apologizing when she saw his guide dog,lol. He just laughed.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 7:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Ditto on the kudos for Target.

Answer by Bmat at 9:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• Yeah, I get that once in a while. My guide dog maneuvered me around a sign in the middle of the sidewalk once, just like she was supposed to do. Then I heard some guy yelling, "Damn it, can't you read? I'm going to have to do that paint all over again!" It turned out he was painting the markings for a wheelchair ramp. I thought he was going to apologize himself to death when he saw what he was dealing with.

Target is awesome. Not only does the company make an effort to hire people with disabilities, there is also a really handy program at Christmas where they close down many stores for an afternoon or evening and have an open house for disabled shoppers. There are employees available to help pick out things, and none of the grumpy, rushing crowds that have no patience for customers with special needs.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:45 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• Our local wal-mart has an austic man working there today at Target a man was deaf. I was able to say thank you, to his requesting if we needed help.
    It is awesome, I agree...
    Anonymous

• Almost every local super market in our area has disabled people working for them. (Kroger, Meijer) I'm glad that they are able to get work, considering the job market the way it is. My oldest who has disabilities has held down his part-time job for almost 3 yrs now. (not at a grocery store) Glad to see attitudes changing. :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:41 PM on Mar. 24, 2013