Hi, i have a beautiful baby boy whose 4.3 now.....he's full of energy and is one naughty kid!! i have started to feel that i have been too busy keeping him "in line" for everything making his routine perfect but i feel he's not attached with me,he shows that he loves me and i do that too but something inside is broken,because the other night when he got scared and i was with him he wanted to call his grand father and i realized that he was looking at me for comfort

Raifi

Asked by Raifi at 8:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Welcome to cafemom

Were you perfect when you were 4?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:21 AM on Mar. 24, 2013

• Pick your battles. If what he is doing isn't really that bad, then ignore it. Example: He didn't pick up his toys like he was told. So what. Make a game of picking them up and he will join in. He bolted from the front door right out into the street. This is something that definitely needs to be addressed. The key to bonding is play and exploration. He makes a mess, so what, clean it up.

I taught my child with rules and books, he only gave me dirty looks. I took away his favorite things, he accused me of being mean. Oh what can I do to teach this child, so he doesn't become unruly and wild? Into my hand he put the key. "Come." he said, and "Play with me."
    Sierrarose99

Answer by Sierrarose99 at 12:57 PM on Mar. 27, 2013