Do you still mourn over the babies you lost through miscarriage?

Even though it's been four years and I eventually got pregnant again and had a baby, I still mourn for the one I lost. I lost it on Mother's Day and every year that day comes up it's hard for me because I'm reminded of it.

uwmilf

Asked by uwmilf at 12:13 AM on Mar. 24, 2013 in General Parenting

• No.. I feel it happened for a reason. No point in dwelling on something I couldn't control or change now.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 12:45 AM on Mar. 24, 2013

• I lost 4 before my first son, 4 after, and then I had a tubal pregnancy, the doctor told me I would probably never have any more, but eventually I had 2 more sons. My sons are all adults now. I don't think I really mourn them anymore. Sometimes I think about them and wonder who they would be now, but I also know that I probably wouldn't have the boys that I do have now if I'd given birth to them, and I can't imagine my life without them.

One of my friends once said to me "Aren't you excited that your babies are waiting for you in heaven, and someday you'll see them?" and ever since she said that, that's how I like to think about them. Someday they'll be waiting for me in heaven.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:34 AM on Mar. 24, 2013

• Yes but not as often
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:35 AM on Mar. 24, 2013

• No. Fortunately I miscarried early on, before I felt any kicks or really even felt very pregnant. It sucked because I really wanted another baby, but I was glad it happened early. I saw my doctor for a reason why, was put on progesterone, and was pregnant with my son a few months later. He'll be 8 in June, and I'm fine with the way things turned out. I would rather go through what I did and have the child I have now than have anyone else, if that makes sense.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:37 AM on Mar. 24, 2013

• That's normal. I've lost four of them, and I still grieve for them all, even though I gave birth to my daughter after my first miscarriage.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:16 AM on Mar. 24, 2013

• Mine happened at seven weeks but it was still hard. I don't think it matters how far along the pregnancy is, losing a baby is still losing a baby.
    uwmilf

Comment by uwmilf (original poster) at 12:46 AM on Mar. 24, 2013

• I'm not dwelling on it, but every now and then I it comes across my mind and it makes me sad. Jeeze!
    uwmilf

• I didn't say YOU were dwelling.. I said there was no point in me dwelling.. Geez...........
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 12:48 AM on Mar. 24, 2013