Mirena?... Two Questions...

So im still pregnant lol, but i wanted to look into the mirena after i had my baby....

Just wondering what was your experience with mirena [ did you like it, did it work, weight gain??....] if you have it...

& how long after you gave birth did you get it?

Thanks ladies :]

kwiseman19

Asked by kwiseman19 at 1:28 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• got it at 6 weeks after delivery. It hurt but not that bad going in. No weight gain ..actually I don't really feel any effects of it being in there except that I don't get a period anymore. I got some mild spotting for a few month after I got it and the spotting was random and only lasted a few days, but now I don't even get spotting. By far it is the best bc that I've been on yet. You just have it put in and forget about it for 5 years. I finally found a bc I can't screw up. Before you have it put in take a few motrin I did and it hurt a lot less than I hear some people complain about. And carry some liners around just in case for a while.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 1:43 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I get really bad cramps, but my periods are lighter
    tsc2007

Answer by tsc2007 at 2:09 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• My doctor gave me a brochure on mirena. After reading that im not sure that i want to use it. They couldnt even say how it really works.They gave 3 reasons why they THINK it works. Plus im a tampon user and it says you have to be careful removing them so you dont move the mirena. I pretty much decided against it. Something just didnt seem right about it. Do some research on it. Ask your doctor if they have that little brochure.
    chevygirl2007l

Answer by chevygirl2007l at 2:42 PM on Feb. 16, 2009