Can you use cream for yeast infection while on your period (the kind you put into your vagina)

Ok so last month I went to the walgreens walk in clinic because I had symptoms of a uti and after a urine test I did in fact have a uti so they gave me medicine which I took every 12 hours for 7 days. I had a Dr app for something else a couple weeks later and Dr said it was gone as I had him test to make sure it was gone. Well a couple week s after he tested and a month after antibiotics I went back to walgreens for the symptoms again and had another hit so again they gave me meds but told me if it came back I had to go to my family dr as they would need to test to see why I keep getting them. Ever since the one last month I been taking only showers. All I EVER drink is water, but since the infection been adding100%cranberry juice to my diet as well. When I got the last antibiotic it started going away but then the last day of my meds it came back so I went to my family dr and I do still have a uti but he thinks I may also have a yeast infection which he says is common to get if you are on meds for uti as they kill the good bacteria you need as well as the bad. So what he did this time is since giving me 7 days he gave me 10 days every 12 hours. Then he gave me a pill for a yeast infection but he told me to take it after I am done with my antibiotics for the uti (since antibiotics can cause yeast infection take it after) then 3 days later take the loo last pill for yeast infection but while on the other meds he gave me a cream to put into this tube then I have to put the tube into the c.f. vagina and slowly put the cream in before bedtime for7 days but it has only been 3days and I am suppose to start my period tomorrow can I still do that on my period?

My Dr sent out my urine for a urine culture he said if it doesn't go away this time that they will need to do further testing so far it is helping I think.

This is actually my 4th one in 2 years

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Mar. 24, 2013 in Health

• There are two types of yeast infection medication an oral pill or an internal cream. The fact that you have to mention something about it going itnt your vagina makes me thing you are a troll.
    Anonymous

• I am not a troll. Why would I ask this question if I was trolling? I had a uti which this is my 3rd one in a month and a half. My Dr said I probably got the yeast infection from the antibiotic so he gave me oral pill but since it is probably from the Antibiotic he told me to not take that pill until after I finish my antibiotic for the uti. But for time being he gave me an Internal cream to use.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• beings this is a woman's forum, you'd think it would be a given that everyone already knows where the cream goes.
    Anonymous

• Go to the pharmacy or healthy living section of the grocery store and look in their refrigerated supplements and get some acidophilus. This is the beneficial bacteria that antibiotics kill when fighting infection. This should help some.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:46 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• You can do it on your period.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• If you're using Monistat for your yeast infection, it is okay to use it while on your period.
    It's very important that you DON'T wear a tampon! Tampons may remove some of the drug in the vagina.
    Complete your course of therapy.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 4:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• Thanks. I don't use tampons anyway. Never was able to get them in right and could feel them lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:36 PM on Mar. 24, 2013