For Formula feeding mothers

I've never used Formula, BUT I saw this in a magazine and thought- wow that's a great idea!

It's called the Mixie bottle- you put formula in a compartment at the bottom and pre-fill with water. Then just press a button and shake.

http://www.amazon.com/Mixie-Formula-Mixing-Baby-Bottle-oz/dp/B008J4FHZ2/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1364146126&sr=1-1&keywords=mixie+bottle

Have you heard of that?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 1:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wow! I never saw that. That is a great idea for traveling. I would have brought that to to zoo or aquarium in the summer! I only used the premade liquid regularly but I would have used the powder for outings. Such a pain to pack bottles in a cooler bag & worry if it gets too warm by the end of the day. Great idea!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• I've not heard of that. I did usually pack the diaper bag with a bottle or two of water with a little container that had 3 different compartments to put the powder formula in. When time to feed baby, just dump in bottle, shake, and feed.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:55 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• That's a nifty little gadget, especially for long outings. I hadn't heard of that, but they're always coming up with neat little tricks to make things easier.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:05 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• Wow I wish I would have had that! We used to fill bottles with the right amount of water, measure the correct amount of formula into baggies and mix when we went out. Such a pain!!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 2:19 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• I really don't see the point in it. Sounds like just another gadget. When travelling, I used the ready made stuff that came in small packs that were just the right size. They didn't cost much more than powdered formula.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 2:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• I couldn't imagine waking up in the middle of the night and messing with making bottles. I suppose you would have to heat it? Do you heat formula? Anywho. Cool bottle. They should make them for adults and Gatorade or something.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 2:45 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• You can pre make bottles and put them in the frig. Except for new born(1,2 months) I never warmed up a bottle. Jst shook and feed.

Answer by louise2 at 3:13 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• I packed the bottles with t e powder in them and a bottle of water. This would have saved a step. Pretty neat.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:33 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• i wont lie, that is AWESOME. however what if your baby refused the nipple of it??? you're out $20+ !!! yikes
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:10 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• Never saw this before but I don't use the powder formula I use the ready made kind.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 10:46 PM on Mar. 26, 2013