Good price on a pettiskirt?

Does anyone know a good price on a pettiskirt of a 12 month old. I have tried ebay and google searched. Cant get any less then 35.00-and up. Not sure of the quality on the 35.00 one.

JamiesMom08

Asked by JamiesMom08 at 1:35 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Shopping

• This is to make a dress look poofier? And worn underneath?

Or is this more like a tutu?

Finding both online which is why I'm asking....

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 1:41 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• OH.

In my head I was getting petticoat and pettiskirt confused.

Did more research and realized I am in the wrong business - WOW. That's some serious cash.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 1:42 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• It is made to be worn like a tutu. For pictures.. Yep me to.... Yes the vendors are really likeing the price...

JamiesMom08

Answer by JamiesMom08 at 1:47 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• No DOUBT.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2267710_sew-boutique-style-pettiskirt.html

That might be useful-ish?

Maybe if you bought the material, a friend could sew it?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 1:49 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I can sew but not that good. I think it said a FEW hours.. Then buying the materials it just thought I might be better off buying it... I just did not know they were that expensive.... OUCH !! My grandaughter has a photo shoot and I would love to get one for her but not sure if I want to pay that price..
    JamiesMom08

Answer by JamiesMom08 at 2:11 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• My mom made a cute tutu - sort of like those pettiskirts.

I purchased a bunch of tulle, all different shades of pink. We got some silk flowers and DH pulled them off the stems. Then my mom put it all together - one layer of tulle was doubled up with the flowers inside. It was completely adorable but did require a few fittings.

Good luck - and if you go into business, remember to give ol' Wimsey here a hefty discount!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:19 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I might be in luck I think I found them for 40.00 on http://www.forgetmenotkids.com/Sams-Pettiskirts_c_654.html
    JamiesMom08

Answer by JamiesMom08 at 2:26 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Thank You.. What a great and easy idea.... Nor worries you willl not be forgotten.. Thanks
    JamiesMom08

Answer by JamiesMom08 at 3:07 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Another place to look, if your town has any consignment children stores. We have on in our town, she is an "upscale kids consignment shop" she has these and much more. Good Luck!
    crysann1974

Answer by crysann1974 at 7:13 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• crysann1974 & Wimsey Both of you had great ideas .. Thank y'all so much for your help I really appreciate it !!
    JamiesMom08

Answer by JamiesMom08 at 3:11 PM on Feb. 17, 2009