Leaking Fluid??

I am 38 weeks and at my appointment last Monday, the doctor said i am 3cm dilated and 50% effaced. I have had many episodes of contractions, painful and not painful, but nothing too bad. I have been having discharge that has a kinda pink/brown streak in it. And this morning, everytime i pee i feel pressure and like a needle like feeling all down there. I have also noticed liquid in my underwear that soaked all the way through my pants, no color and no smell. I've put a pad on and its mostly when i stand up that the leaking gets bad. Could it be my fluid and should i be worried? I have my appointment tomorrow afternoon..

Amanda G.

Asked by Amanda G. at 1:41 PM on Mar. 24, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Yes. Go to the Hospital, NOW!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:43 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• Call your OBGYN now & ask them. Call the emergency #. If you can't get through then go to L&D at the Hospital & let them check you there. GL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:43 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• Call your Dr., your water may have broken.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:47 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• It wouldn't hurt to get checked. You can usually go to the hospital and get looked over, just in case. Although from what I experienced, when your water breaks, it's more like the floodgates opening.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:00 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• I can't call my doctor, the office is closed because its Sunday but the liquid isn't too much, and it comes mostly after i urinate or when IM standing up. No contractions, no pressure unless its when IM urinating.
    Amanda G.

Comment by Amanda G. (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• The hospital is open on Sunday. Call them!!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 2:17 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• It's not much fluid but it's mostly likely amniotic fluid and that means you need to be checked. It sounds like you are going into labor. The problem with breaking your sack this far in advance is it can introduce infection and it's harder for the baby to control it's body temperature.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• Your Dr.'s office should have an answering service. Leave a message. Call the hospital (L&D) and tell them what is going on and they can ask questions they feel are relevant and advise you from there. Good luck.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:57 PM on Mar. 24, 2013