Gay child. Choice or made that way?

I think that the people who believe gay people "choose" to be gay just don't want to admit that not everything in the bible is true. How do you explain a 7 year old boy, raised by a heterosexual, religious, above average by most standards parents, and he knows he is gay. He knows in his heart that he is not like other boys. But he must hide it because it is looked upon as "wrong and against god". Please people, tell me how that child "chose" to be gay. (He is a man now, and a very good friend who confided this to me). He dated girls for years and always tried to suppress who he really was. Thank "GOD" he came to his senses I say.

GMR

Asked by GMR at 1:37 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am a lesbian. I definitely didn't choose it. I am physically, emotionally, sexually attracted to women. But like most of you I have certain things I look for like ....she has to be taller than me, long hair, and I like bigger women. No one would choose to be an outcast. Point blank. The stares, name calling, and perveted comments we get from men are beyond horrible. I don't wish that on anyone. I was married to a man once (thought I was doing the "right" thing) and even though things were more calm as in no bashing. I wasn't ME. Having sex was emotionally painful. If this means I'm "going to hell" as some believe then so be it. At least while I'm here I'm being myself and not being what everyone else says I should be.
    Anonymous

• This can be a very heated topic..
    My sister, cousin and plenty of my sisters friends are gay..
    They all have said
    they
    were
    born
    gay!!!!!!!!!
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 1:40 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• idk some girl told me that at work one day and i asked her if she like cheesecake she said yes i said said did god make u like cheese cake she said yes i said well god makes some men like penis and that was the end of it
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 1:40 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Who cares why somebody is gay or straight?
    Anonymous

• Lots of people care if you are gay or straight. If they didn't, gay people would have the exact same rights that straight people have.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 1:45 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• The only way anyone could know that someone "chose" to be gay is if they also had to make that choice and chose to be straight. And you will never hear a homophobic person say there was ever any chance they had ANY kind of gay tendancies they had to chose against. So when they say they didn't have to choose, or my personal fave, that "god made them this way" I just ask why they think anyone else got the choice either.

One of my best friends knew he was gay by age 12 or so. He still had a few relationships with women, I guess to see if he liked them too. He didn't. There was no choosing- he gave women a shot, but he likes other men. Big deal.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 1:45 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• lesbiansI believe they are born that way, believe me the way the world is today I don't believe they want to be put through all that mess what people give them when they find out they are gay. I don't see nothing wrong being gay just keep it to themselves I guess or don't try nothing on me. I like them as a friend because there are nice gays out there, they're even sweeter than some people you meet.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:48 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Definitely made that way. And it's sad that they have to "hide" because of so many people being ignorant of the subject.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 1:48 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I dont know enough gay people to be able to say how they have felt,etc.

I think it can be both. I think most are born that way but I think some choose to be that way because something happened to them,etc.

Guess we shall see when my sons are older, if any of them are and we can have heart to heart talks about it.
    Anonymous

• Born Gay

Why the heck would someone CHOOSE to be hated, shunned, discriminated against, denied equal rights, ostricized, abandoned by family, and in general be treated like a second class citizen. 

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2009