Could it be?

I'm 38 weeks and I went walking this morning with my husband. During our walk I had A LOT of back pain, cramping, and a few really intense contractions. My water hasn't broken or anything and I haven't even lost my plug. Should I call my doctor and let him know what's going on or is this something I shouldn't worry about? It's my first baby, so I have NO idea what's going on..lol

piercedbeauty21

Asked by piercedbeauty21 at 1:37 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't worry about calling the doctor yet. If all that starts and you aren't doing anything that is when I would call the doctor. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• I would call. Are your contractions coming pretty regular?
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 1:40 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• if you are having more then 6 in a hour call doctor
    Anonymous

• I getting a 4 contractions an hour. They're not regular, but they are starting to make me sick to my stomach and they're getting more intense. My husband told me to lay down and he would come check on me every half hour if I decided to take a nap.
    piercedbeauty21

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 2:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I have had false labor so many freaking times in the past month it isn't even funny, lol. But I knew the difference so I didn't go to the hospital. If they get stronger and are regular and moving or drinking something doesn't make them get more irregular, like come softer and more spread out, then call your doctor.
    Savanna22

Answer by Savanna22 at 2:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Keep timing your contractions, when they become regular let your Dr know!
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 2:26 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Definitely call! It's better to be safe than sorry. I've had false labor as well, but I'd rather call and make sure everything is okay rather than wait it out and take the chance of having the baby at home.
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 3:27 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• call your doctor just to ease your mind. i know when i was pregnant and this was my first pregnancy as well...i could not and will not trust anyone besides my doctor. because ALL WOMEN ARE DIFFERENT. one can say no that's fine-cause it didn't happen to them...and one can say no go to the ER!-cause it happened to them. get what i mean? call your OB...now!
    rgie_wermager

Answer by rgie_wermager at 9:55 PM on Feb. 16, 2009