Needing yummy healthy smoothie recipes...

I just bought a blender for the kids to make smoothies. They really want a green one so I'm googling ideas. Today we make blueberry and greek yogurt.

Do you have any fav smoothie recipes? Especially a favorite green one. ( the one they saw on tv last week was made with kale...I'm scared kale would be disgusting)

PandaGwen

Asked by PandaGwen at 6:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I don't follow a recipe. I usually toss in yogurt, some milk and some OJ, a dash of vanilla, bananas and berries and zip it up. Sometimes I add spinach or Whey powder.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:34 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• Healing Cranberry Cleanser Green Smoothie

Serving size is 2 cups and this smoothie makes 4-5 cups, which is 2 1/2 servings. If you have leftovers you may store in the fridge for 1-3 days in an airtight container (like a mason jar with a lid).

ingredients

2 cups kale
    1 cup water
    1 cup cranberries (frozen)
    2 peeled oranges
    2 bananas
    4 tbsp. ground flaxseed

Directions

Keep as much of the orange pith (the white part) on to add nutritional benefits. Blend kale and water first for 30 seconds (or until it is a juice-like consistency). Add frozen fruits 1 cup at a time and blend for an additional 30-45 seconds. Add remaining fresh fruits and flaxseed and blend until desired smoothness. Serve immediately for best texture and to receive optimal nutrients.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 8:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• BTW don't be afraid of Kale it's delicious in smoothies in my trial and error with smoothies frozen kale seems to be better for smoothies then fresh.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 8:41 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• Spinach, coconut milk, a couple of bananas, and frozen pineapple
    Anonymous

• Oh, add a little water to that coconut milk one too or it'll be pretty thick
    Anonymous

• Call it cheating, but I'd just go with coconut milk, a banana, frozen strawberries, and a few drops of green food coloring! The idea of putting kale in doesn't appeal to me, but I guess there would be no harm in trying some. If it's gross, don't make it again.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:45 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• Here is my favourite green smoothie - 2 kiwis, glass of ice cream, half glass of aloe vera juice, mint. For my son I make the same smoothie but I don't add aloe vera because it has peculiar taste and some children don't like it, but they like bright green colour =) here are some other cocktails and smoothies recipes that I also like to make

SmileyJeney

Answer by SmileyJeney at 12:07 PM on Apr. 22, 2013