What is the oldest thing you own?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 7:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Probably a gold pocket watch my Parents gave me for my 30th birthday. Made in the 1800's. I wear it on a long gold chain.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:17 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• I still have the original Pyrex bowls I got when I first got married... so that was 30 years ago. I also have a comb that I bought in 1993. I had an identical one when I was a teen. They are the worlds best... needless to say, they do not make them anymore. I cherish that thing!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:18 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• My house.
    It was built in 1900.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:19 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• My 1st rocking chair. I got it when I was 2 yrs old. Both of my children have & still use it.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• My grandmothers cherry dining room table, made in the 30s

Answer by missanc at 7:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• Not knowing the exact age of everything I own, or when I got some of them, I would make a guess that the oldest thing I own is a garnet necklace and matching earrings that my grandmother gave to my great-grandmother (her mother) and then my great-grandmother gave to me (I shared a birth month with both of my paternal great-grandmothers) when I was 13.

No, wait - I think the oldest thing I own is a ceramic Easter egg that my mother had for as long as I could remember and gave to me when I moved out on my own. That thing is, I'm pretty sure, at least as old as I am.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• An antique dressing table with mirror. It was my great-grandmothers and might actually be older than that.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:33 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• I have an old flour cupboard that was my great grandmas.... it has one metal lined part that you pull down to scoop flour out... as well as many other areas for dishes. Its the size of a large armoir
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 7:38 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• myself
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:41 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• SO!
    and pink beat me to the witty answer :(
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:48 PM on Mar. 24, 2013