Does anyone know how to become a Registered Dental Assistant?

I live in West Tennessee and the only school that offers a Dental Assistant program is 30 miles away! Does anyone know of anything else? Thanks!

Mrs.Loeffel

Asked by Mrs.Loeffel at 1:40 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• Yes, go to a dental office and ask to be an intern(clean rooms after patients, set up, etc.) Alot of Dentists would love to train you rather than you go to school for it. Within 6 months, you could be making money in their office as a DA. However, you will not be a Registered DA but many are not. I took a RDA program through my nearby junior college, and at the end, went back to what I used to do: Preschool Teach. It was great experience though.
    Anonymous

• My sister is a DA and did just what annon 1:51 said. When she was 18 my mother was in the dentist for an appointment and they asked how my sister was liking her job then they told my mom to have my sister come in for a job. Then my parents were moving to another state and the dentist told one of his dentist friends about her and she went in and started working there. While at the second job the dentist liked they way she worked so well she sent her to school to learn how to do the x rays, then they sent her for some other certifications. Now she makes some really good money.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 4:55 PM on Feb. 16, 2009