I want to have another baby.. ( moms with c sections.)

i have had 3 c sections and was told i might want to stop having children. i want 7 or 8 kids but i know thats not going to happen bc of all the c sections i have. i was told when i had my 1st c section that i could have 4 kids at the most. but the last dr that did my c section told me to stop. i want to "push" it and have one more.

what do you think?>

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Talk to a doctor, who can better help you assess the risks. I've only had one C-section, but from what I was told, the main worry is rupturing at the scar site during subsequent pregnancies. It's fairly rare, but if it happens, the results can be catastrophic for the mother and baby. You may want to consider that being a mother to the children you have is more important than making another one, but again, the specifics of your situation would be best figured out by you and your gynecologist.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:46 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• I think if your OB recommended you not have anymore than you should listen to them. They did not say this to you for fun... If you are unsure why they told you this, then make an appointment to discuss the risk.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:33 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• Why wouldn't you ask your regular doctor in the interim?

I agree with the others....this is something you'll need to discuss with your regular doctor in depth. But before you "push it" I suggest reflecting on how your current children will fare if something happens to you.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:37 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• why do you keep having c sections?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• A close friend had 4 sections, but her doctor was very concerned. She did fine and stopped after that. I'd want to have a detailed discussion with my doctor to really analyze all the concerns.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 8:34 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• I had my first c-section. My second vaginal. When i had my first they told me I will always have a c-section. Well my second doctor with my second baby told me that is not true.

Answer by louise2 at 9:47 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• I had my first emergency c-section, then I had a tubal pregnancy that ruptured, and had pretty much the same surgery, plus they took a tube and ovary. My second son they were going to let me try to have a vaginal delivery, but he was sideways, so I had a 2nd c-section, so at that point I'd already had the surgery 3 times. With my 3rd son they didn't give me a choice, they told me I had to have a c-section. After he was born they told me that they didn't recommend that I have anymore....and I didn't. I have 3 healthy sons, and I wouldn't risk being around to raise them.

Talk to your doctor.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:52 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• Ok. I have been doing some research.
    my Google criteria was "3 c sections, vaginal birth" and "3 c sections, dangers"
    the mayo clinic doesn't recommend any more babies after 3 c sections but if you look you can find stories of women who have delivered vaginally and have had doctors willing to assist in pregnancies after 3 c sections

research it
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:52 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• hes not my actual dr. he just happen to be the dr on call. and i swear i was still laying there in the operating room when he said not to have any more then he walked out and i never saw him again
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:34 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• im going to ask my dr. i have to make an app soon for my anual anyway :P just like to come on here and ask opinions too.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:40 PM on Mar. 24, 2013