Real or fake eggs for the easter egg hunt??

Just curious to see if you ladies hide the eggs you colored, or those little plastic ones?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Mar. 24, 2013 in Holidays

• I do real ones & make them with my DDs beforehand.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:19 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• we dont dye eggs yet, my kids are too little and its too messy...so its plastic ones w/ goodies inside. we just started hiding eggs last year.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• Yes! we do both
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• I only hide fake because I don't like the thought of rotting eggs, but we dye real eggs for the baskets.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:47 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• Fake. We wouldn't eat that many eggs, so it'd be a waste. We reuse the fake ones every year.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:13 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• Fakes. I don't like the thought of eating real eggs that have been handled and knocked around outside or at room temperature in the house half the day, and I don't like wasting real eggs. Besides that, we lost a few eggs in my grandma's basement as kids, and they were fond months later. One was in a shoe in her closet, and man how it did smell! We fill the plastic ones with candy, and eventually all the candy gets dumped out or eaten, but the eggs can still be hidden.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• We do both.. we only have 1 daughter so we do a little of each. 6 plastic eggs and 6 real eggs.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 10:43 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• We used to do real ones, but DD gets such a kick out of getting the goodies out of the plastic ones in the organized egg hunts we go to that we started doing the plastic ones.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:52 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• fake ones here & stuff them with stuff
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 11:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• We dye eggs and hide the fake ones
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:10 AM on Mar. 25, 2013