Anyone watching Vikings?

Tonight's episode... wow

What is with the owl? Any thoughts?

charlotsomtimes

Asked by charlotsomtimes at 11:28 PM on Mar. 24, 2013 in Entertainment

• I might give it another try later, but it irritated me. It would be like a Heathen directing that Bible miniseries.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• NP- do you not see it as in introduction to the Vikings and that anyone interested would research further?
    i.e. I always thought Vikings were Scandinavians or from that area of the world. I never realized they were Germanic. I have learned more from the show's first episode than I ever knew from school.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:56 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• I like the show a lot. It's a tv show, not a documentary. Some dramatization is expected.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:10 AM on Mar. 25, 2013

• I didn't watch it yet, but so far I like the show!

I was watching Walking Dead.... BIG WOW there too, but I won't say what cause I know m-avi is catching up!!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:50 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• NP is it that in accurate?

It's historical fiction - it's not intended to be accurate, but it doesn't make it any less annoying for knowing what they're fudging. It's a bit like what happens when a history scholar reads the DaVinci Code - they KNOW intellectually that it's a work of fiction, but they also know there are people who are too lazy to remember that and will treat all the little dramatic extras as part of the history it's based on.

With that in mind, there is a very obvious Christian slant by the writing that skews a lot of things out of perspective, exaggerates them, or invents them from whole cloth. The whole evil leader with a vendetta against someone at the Thing, an act that petty would make him no longer the leader.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:48 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• I haven't seenit. NP is it that in accurate?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:44 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• I've read some is accurate and some is not...it IS a tv show though, so that's kind of to be expected I think.

charlotsomtimes

Comment by charlotsomtimes (original poster) at 11:46 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• I haven't seen it but, I've been curious about it. Maybe I'll watch a marathon one day when I don't have the kids around.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:50 PM on Mar. 24, 2013

• no...but i wish i was! sometimes not having cable sucks!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:34 AM on Mar. 25, 2013

• It's online if you want to watch it okmanders - I think Hulu has it and maybe the history channel site?
    charlotsomtimes

Comment by charlotsomtimes (original poster) at 7:44 AM on Mar. 25, 2013