Is it too early to use a pregnancy test?

Hi, I used a pregnancy test because I haven't gotten my period yet its almost 2 weeks late, I did the test but it was negative, and I still haven't gotten my period. Should I wait longer?? P.S I don't wanna see a doc just yet.

Gaby07

Asked by Gaby07 at 6:16 AM on Mar. 25, 2013 in Pregnancy

• You should see a positive if you are pregnant. You'd be 4-5 weeks pregnant

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:14 AM on Mar. 25, 2013

• The chances are you simply didn't ovulate in this cycle. No ovulation, no period. It happens to most women at least once in their lives.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 7:38 AM on Mar. 25, 2013

• I didn't get a positive until I was almost 7 weeks pregnant with my oldest, and I tried testing 2.5-3 weeks after my period was late. With my youngest, I got a positive at just under 4 weeks pregnant, a week after my period was late. It can vary with each pregnancy, so you could try taking another test. But it could also be that you didn't ovulate, as winterglow suggested, or maybe stress.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:31 AM on Mar. 25, 2013

• get another test and pee again
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:33 AM on Mar. 25, 2013

• You can use one as often as you like but I would wait a week in between tests just to give things a good chance to show different results.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:22 AM on Mar. 25, 2013

• Modern tests are sensitive enough to pick up elevated HCG levels in urine after you miss a period. I agree with the others; chances are you didn't ovulate and you'll get your period on your next cycle. That's happened to me two or three times, particularly if I've taken antibiotics.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2013