If there is a God then why do some who believe NOT get their prayers answered and some people who don't believe get healed?

I guess my example would be two people who have cancer- one believes in God, goes to church every week and prays, etc- does all the 'right' things and they are not headed and die- but on the other hand someone who doesn't believe in God, doesn't pray, etc- and they are healed and live a much longer life???

Struggling a little bit with whether there really is a God and how do we know- why are there not miracles anymore? Why did Jesus only come 2000 years ago- why don't we see signs of him anymore and only so long ago???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Mar. 25, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• The standard answer is that God always answers, but sometimes the answer is "no.' We can't possibly know what plan and purpose there is.

I don't know about the length of time.

Answer by Bmat at 8:38 AM on Mar. 25, 2013

• The answer for prayer is not always yes.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:53 AM on Mar. 25, 2013

• The faithful who are not healed are said to not be faithful enough or that it was in god's plan to have them die no matter what. The faithful that are healed, of course that's a miracle and proof that there is a loving god. Those who are not believers in god and are healed, well that's because there were faithful praying FOR them and if they're not healed of course it's because they're unbelievers.

They have an excuse for everything...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:09 AM on Mar. 25, 2013

• Because there is no "God" that interferes in the lives of humans. The non-believer was either physically stronger (able to withstand the cancer & treatments easier) or had better health care, period.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:15 AM on Mar. 25, 2013

• Oh and there never were "miracles". The ancient people just did not know how to explain random natural occurrences.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:17 AM on Mar. 25, 2013

• Because a god isn't real, a so called god isn't the one that heals people. It's the hospital, the doctors and modern medicine. I am so sick this god getting credit for everything and not the one's who really should.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:18 AM on Mar. 25, 2013

• If this is the way things should be, what's the point of Heaven? I'm not being ugly, it's just that we all struggle and want to know why bad things happen. I think the answer is sin. We sin and other people's sin affects us, too. I believe there was no sin before the fall of man. I think sin changed the Earth, our bodies and our minds. God leads us through this life if we let Him and sometimes we know why we suffer, sometimes we don't.
    I've wondered too, why there aren't miracles like the ones in the Bible. I think this is just a different time for God's purpose. Even the witnesses to His miracles in the Bible would lose their faith 5 minutes after the miracle. Read the Exodus of the Hebrews. They witnesses miracles! Read Luke 16:19, the story of Lazarus. Read the book of Job.
    I believe the "pure of heart will see God." Reading the word really helps us "see God" with our heart even if not in the flesh this side of Heaven.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 9:21 AM on Mar. 25, 2013

• Honestly I believe in a more Deistic God Who doesn't interfere with our world, so one Who doesn't heal people, etc.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:26 AM on Mar. 25, 2013

• Because you pray for what you WANT, and G-d will give what you NEED. And more often than not, the 2 aren't the same.
    Do you give your children everything they ask for? Or do you know better?
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 9:27 AM on Mar. 25, 2013

• HHx5- Since god supposedly created eveything- and in Isaiah 45:7, he states himself that he created evil and darkness, he must have created sin as well. He allows it to exist, uses it to test, tempt and torture and to further his end agenda but you blame the bad decision of two naked people in a garden eons ago for all the terrible suffering and sin in the world?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:31 AM on Mar. 25, 2013