Why do I cringe everytime my husband tries to get intimate with me?

I always feel awful when I do, but there are times when I don't want him to touch me. Also it's difficult for me to kiss him sometimes because he doesn't brush his teeth and he smokes. Does anyone else have this problem?

uwmilf

Asked by uwmilf at 11:09 AM on Mar. 25, 2013 in Relationships

• Have you told him that he needs to brush his teeth before you will kiss him? It seems like honesty is the best policy here, but handled carefully if he offends easy.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:13 AM on Mar. 25, 2013

• Why do I cringe every time my husband tries to get intimate with me?
    because he doesn't brush his teeth and he smokes

next time he does brush hos teeth, kiss him passionately
    and tell him who good he smells/ tastes

maybe he will get the hint, if not, you can bring it up then
    asking him to have a clean mouth is not asking too much ( just do it carefully- like Quinnn said)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:17 AM on Mar. 25, 2013

• My ex used to chew tobacco and I had the same problem. It's nasty trying to kiss someone who smells and tastes like that. I would mention it to him and compliment him but he always told me that I'd just have to learn to like it. Now you know one of the many reasons he's an ex.

Seriously I would talk to him about it and compliment him when he does. There are a lot of guys out there that are nothing like my ex and I'm married to one!
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:47 AM on Mar. 25, 2013

• Ugh! That's fucked up!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:54 AM on Mar. 25, 2013

• I know it's messed up, but I just can't seem to get close to him anymore. I don't know if it's just the hygiene or if it's my lack of feelings for him. I don't know, but I can't seem to get close to him.
    uwmilf

Comment by uwmilf (original poster) at 12:12 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• No,I meant his hygiene. I wouldn't be able to get within 10 feet of that stanking mouth.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:23 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• More than likely, it's because you are angry at him because he is not living up to your expectations of him. It could have to do with his hygiene, but that's more likely a surface issue. It would probably be helpful for you to remember back to those days when you couldn't get enough of him. You probably looked forward to being alone with him and couldn't wait for it to happen. We all need to remind ourselves daily of those things which first attracted us to our husbands and the excitement we felt in those early days. It has often been said that we can't keep ourselves from having sex before we are married and we can't find a reason to have sex after we are married. I think there's a lot of truth in that statement, but it should not be that way. Most husbands will respond positively to sensitively posed requests for them to make themselves more attractive to their wives. Demands won't cut it, but loving requests will!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:25 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• Nanny said it well....listen.....

Answer by older at 12:54 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• The hygiene thing would be a turn-off for me, too, but it sounds like there are deeper issues that only you can address in your own heart and mind.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:11 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• I have to wonder what HIS issues are that he takes no pride in his appearance, or wants to be the best husband he can for you.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2013