Do you believe Jesus is the son of God?

I really struggle with this... I keep thinking maybe he was a wise man teaching of God but I am not sure I can make that leap.

The biggest issue is that my son is going to Catholic school so I feel like I have to put on my "I believe" face for his benefit - not sure how I can convinve myself that he really is son of God since there is evidence he was married to mary Madelene and had a son named John...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Mar. 25, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• Either he was God's son or he was a liar. He claimed to be God's son. If he isn't then he couldn't have been a wise man because would a wise man lie about who he was? I've never seen the evidence that you speak of regarding him marrying Mary or having a son. I know that there are those who have brought this idea out but I have not seen evidence.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:57 AM on Mar. 25, 2013

• No
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:57 AM on Mar. 25, 2013

• Short answer - yes.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 25, 2013

• No, I believe that if Jesus existed, he was a human being. I also do not believe in any gods or goddesses.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:59 AM on Mar. 25, 2013

• I believed a man like jesus existed but it was a nut-case that people believed. I mean come on, a man that believes a god talks to him, so he hears voice and he's legit but if I were to say that I would be in a mental home.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• he* not it
    LostSoul88

• Umm no god doesn't exist in human form therefore no sperm to impregnate. No I don't believe in the virgin Mary story either,
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 12:03 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• mary magdalene

anyways, yes i believe

josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:07 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• I believe Jesus was the son of God in the way we are ALL children of God, but I do not believe he was divinely conceived, born of God, etc, etc. I believe he was a teacher, that his spirituality was so strong it showed others what theirs could be, that he so greatly reflected God's character (and what ours COULD be) they claimed he was "from" God or "of" God, etc, which was literalized to the point that he is now believed to BE God or God's literal son, when I don't think that was ever the intention.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:07 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• Yes but I know for a fact he wasn't the only one and yet he's the only one ever mentioned. There were many other desciples as well.
    uwmilf

Answer by uwmilf at 12:08 PM on Mar. 25, 2013