Okay, should I be a "nosy" neighbor? A LOT of thumping going on!!!

We love all of our neighbors, except for those next door, I am working from home, and keep hearing thumping, like an axe or something, should I go next door? I noticed he has moved his camper out into the street, but nothing is going on in the back yard, it sounds like every few minutes the house is falling apart, he is a douche, but if I can hear it from inside if must be very loud, our houses are very far apart, with about an acre of land!
What should I say? Are you chopping up your house? LOL!

jerseydiva

Asked by jerseydiva at 1:24 PM on Mar. 25, 2013 in Home & Garden

• I hope you don't later hear that he killed his whole family or something. That's really weird

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:35 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• I wouldn't because there is nothing you can do about the noise. Most quiet times are from 10 pm-6 am. If this guy is a douche, he is not going to quiet down for you, plus you could be doing some remodeling or home repairs. Quite frankly though it really isn't any of your business what he is doing.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:29 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• I would not bother him. He could be remodeling.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:32 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• It's in the middle of the day and there is nothing you can do. maybe turn on some music?
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:34 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• It is none of your business unless you have noise ordinances and those are usually only enforced during the sleeping hours.

Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:35 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• I know it isn't my business, but it really sounds like he is chopping up his home? IDK it is an odd sound, one I have never heard, I guess on the upside, if he is chopping up his wife or something, I won't get chopped as well, LOL, the last few times it made my house shake, so I am curious to what in the hell he is doing, but you are right none of my business, LOL!
    jerseydiva

Comment by jerseydiva (original poster) at 1:33 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• It really isn't the noise, just the sound that is disturbing, but now I here him huffing and puffing in the back yard, I am going to peek over the fence, the noise isn't bothering me, more the sound of the noise, whack, whack whack, then quiet. IDK let you know, he likes me just not my husband, LOL, so maybe I can sweet talk him into assuring me that he isn't axing up his wife!
    jerseydiva

Comment by jerseydiva (original poster) at 1:37 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• Hear, not here for the grammer police, I was trying to peek out of the window while typing!
    jerseydiva

Comment by jerseydiva (original poster) at 1:38 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• Maybe they're having wild sex?! lol :p If he IS in the middle of killing his wife & hiding he body, the LAST thing you want to do is confront the man! Just spy on him thru your window at a safer distance.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:46 PM on Mar. 25, 2013