Do christians get abortions?

Obviously they do.....so how do fellow christians reconcile this type of behavior by their fellow christian?
Do you judge them less harshly than "other" women?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 1:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2013 in Religious Debate

• My mother who has a friend claims to be very Christian and even goes to church every Sunday has had 4 abortions. All my different men. In total she has had 8 pregnancies all again by different men. She kept her first 2, gave up the next two for adoption and then just kept getting abortions but preaches how god wouldn't want her on birth control.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:43 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• It's not my place to judge anybody; I don't want the job. I feel sad for women who have had abortions they regret. It's not like I've lived the perfect life myself, though, so what right would I have to condemn anyone for anything?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:43 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• Lostsoul, that is horrible!
    sahmamax2

Comment by sahmamax2 (original poster) at 1:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• Most women do not go around broadcasting that they had an abortion. I think most of the time no one knows anyway and it is as it should be. It i no one elses business. Do they. I am quite sure of it. For one thing there are different flavors of christians and they do not believe the same things. It would stand to reason that sone would believe it is murder and some would not. It would also stand to reason that woman A who believes that abortion is wrong, does it anyway and hopes God will forgive her. But again. I doubt they go around with a sign.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:48 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• Abortion is a great sin almost in every religion. In Qur'an, ALLAH says,
    Do not kill your offsprings for fear of want: for it is We Who provide them and you as well. Indeed their killing is a heinous crime.
    kity-bity

Answer by kity-bity at 1:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• Dardenella....but when christians judge women who get abortions....they judge them all. They do not distinguish christian from nonchristian. So how do they reconcile this?
    sahmamax2

Comment by sahmamax2 (original poster) at 1:53 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

********************************************************
    this says nothing about abortion.
    And your answer hardly answers my question.
    sahmamax2

Comment by sahmamax2 (original poster) at 1:55 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• I doubt Christian women that have abortions tell anyone.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 2:11 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• doubt Christian women that have abortions tell anyone
    ******************************************************
    my point is.....the christians who go around judging and condemning women who get abortions....they are judging their fellow christians. How do they reconcile this?

And most women don't tell people that they've had abortions.
    sahmamax2

Comment by sahmamax2 (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• Same way they reconcile everything else. By thinking they know/are better than others.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 2:17 PM on Mar. 25, 2013