Did you experience cramping/spotting before your positive test?

Did you have any cramping before you got a positive test? When did the cramping occur and did you experience any spotting?

I went off the pill on March 7th. My last MP was on February 26th, so I'm due to come on tomorrow. My fiance and I are trying to conceive and on saturday I had VERY light spotting...literally a few drops of pinkish brown. Then yesterday I felt like I'd started, checked and I had spotted a little brownish pink again in my underwear but no more bleeding since.

I don't know if what I experienced was implantation bleeding or not. I took a test today and it was negative :(

I'm also having some weird cramps. It feels kind of like menstrual cramps but somehow different, I can't quite find the words to explain it. I've also had a lot of pressure in my lower abdomen and groin area.

What was your experience like RIGHT BEFORE you tested positive?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Mar. 25, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I don't remember. I remember spotting but I don't remember if it was before or after. I think it was after. If I cramped I probably didn't think much of it. I really didn't suspect pregnancy until about 10 minutes before I decided to take the test lol.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 5:41 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• No. With both of my pregnancies, long before I ever heard of anyone I know having this phenomenon called "implantation bleeding", I never had one issue. I stopped bleeding until I delivered... No cramps, notta. I knew I was pregnant right away, just because I FELT different. I went to the Dr., had a blood test and viola. That's it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• No. The reason why I tested is because I was so tired I could NOT keep my head up & my feet were always freezing. Then I realized I missed my period. I had no cramping at all.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• No. I'd been told I'd never conceive again. So by the time I suspected pregnancy, I'd already missed my second period in a row and had sore nipples and serious morning sickness at all times of day. Even when I had my brother read the first test for me, I wasn't convinced that he knew what to look for, or I thought maybe he was putting me on, trying to make a tasteless joke. Stupid, I guess, but I'd tried for eight years with fertility drugs and balloon procedures with my ex, and I'd only been with my boyfriend once--yes, it can happen the very first time, even if he pulls out--so pregnancy wasn't even on the radar.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:11 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• Oh, and the otherthing I learned from all those failing years when I couldn't conceive--if you want to e pregnant, you can become hypersensitive to every little twinge and cramp in your body and every drop of discharge that seeps out of it, and all you'll do is make yourself crazy. Time will tell. Wait till you miss a period and take a test. If I could hammer one single thing into all the moms-to-be I see come on CM wondering if they're pregnant, I'd tell them to relax. Stop torturing themselves. As hard as it is, wait, then take a test. It's the only way to know for sure in the early weeks.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:16 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• If you only stopped the pill March 7th, you have a VERY slim chance of actually getting pregnant.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:53 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• Definitely cramping but I don't remember any spotting.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 9:55 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• no
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:59 AM on Mar. 26, 2013

• Yes. With my first, I had a lot of cramping and figured I was starting my period... cramping down to my legs, actually... But I tested the next day and it was positive and now he is 6 years old and playing out in the back yard as I type. : )
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 6:25 PM on Mar. 26, 2013