Speaking of gnarly cuts adult content

have you ever cut yourself to the point of needing stitches?

ive been lucky... never managed to need stitches (except when i gave birth lol) but when i was pregnant, i cut myself all the time. i still have scars on my fingers from some of the cuts... and still, EVERYTIME, after using a can opener to open a lid on the can i use so much precaution from slicing my finger really deep once. i havent been pregnant in over 3 years!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 5:31 PM on Mar. 25, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Yep. I cut myself on the deli slicer at work once,and almost took the tip of my pinky off. That cut almost made my manager pass out,lol

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:59 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• Girl. Get the canopener that opens the whole lid. There are no sharp edges when you use that one. Lid just pops off.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:22 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• Girl. Get the canopener that opens the whole lid. There are no sharp edges when you use that one. Lid just pops off. Answer by staciandababy

My neighbor has one of those. We borrowed it once. The sharp edge is not on the lid, it's on the top of the now open can. No matter what you do, there will always be a sharp edge somewhere whey you open a can.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:25 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• If that doesn't work. Use a magnet to remove the lid from the can after it is open. Don't go digging in there with your fingers. Ours doesn't make sharp edges. Well didn't. It got lost a while ago
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• Yep. 10 stitches in my foot when I was 8ish.

8 stitches in my knee from orthoscopic surgery to fix a medial meniscus tear when I was 14.

And, 5 stitches total in two fingers when a glass I was hand washing shattered a couple years ago.

Surprisingly, as active as I've been my whole life, I've never broken a bone, and the things needing stitches weren't horrible.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:37 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• When I was in 2nd grade my ear got smashed between my school desk and the tile floor. I got 3 or 4 stitches. My ears are not symmetrical anymore because of that lol. I guess it grew together funky.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 5:54 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• When I was 14, I flipped over the handle bars & had to get stitches in my chin. When I had a growth removed on my back, they used super glue. And of course, besides having babies, I've had them from 5 laparoscopic surgeries & 1 ortho surgery on my knee.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:55 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• I took the tip of my right social finger off when my hand got slammed in a door. That required a lot of stitches to put back on. When I had a C-section, I got staples instead of stitches, and I'd rather have stitches any day of the week. It made it feel like the belly wound was pulling apart and just being held together where the staples were, not in between them.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• I've had stitches three times and I absolutely refuse to get them again. I've had cuts lately that I have just super glued together. I am serious... no more stitches for me.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:44 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• Nope *knock on wood*. I've only had stitches after surgery and child birth.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 5:51 PM on Mar. 25, 2013