How many people has your teen dated? How long was each relationship? And+++

have you gotten so tired of all the time you spent entertaining/driving bfs and gfs around at all hours that you thought to yourself "enough!" Honestly, I am so tired I just want to get in my pjs at 9:00 and chill, with just my family and have everyone take a loooong break from dating. So exhausted from being super hospitable to each and every one of my kids dates/interests. Can I just say "no"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Mar. 25, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• You can certainly have a family meeting and set some new rules about dating. We never allowed dates mid week unless it was a very special occasion. I too wanted quiet time to 'chill in my jammies" Our oldest had more gf's than snickers has candy bars in high school. He didn't like the rules..but they were the rules, period. His gf sometimes changed every few weeks. As he got older they became longer. Our youngest only dated a few times in HS he just wasn't interested. After he graduated from Fire Academy you couldn't keep the girls off him but he had moved out long before that happened. Your house, your rules. .
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:09 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• 2, and I wished that he had dated more, but as it turns out he married the 2nd and she is a winner. :)

Answer by Bmat at 8:24 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• You are the adult. Of course you can say 'no'. Doesn't mean he has to like it. It is just one of those 'such is life' kinda things...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:25 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• My kids arent close to teens but i know when they are i will not drive them around like i am a taxi. i wouldnt mind here and there. also i prefer them to be at my house anyways lol.. i like to know whats going on at all times.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 8:36 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• None. Thank god.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:34 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• My stepdaughter s engaged to marry her high school sweetheart, her first love. It worries me, just because I know how much a person changes in his or her twenties. She's put off the wedding a few times, thankfully, and I'm not about to say a word either way because she'll do the opposite of whatever I think she should.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:48 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• My teens aren't dating yet, but around our house the rule is no friends over on weeknights. Weekends are fine and they can have friends or could have dates over - but weeknights are for homework and then family, no going out with friends or having them over past suppertime.

Answer by missanc at 5:59 AM on Mar. 26, 2013

• My oldest daughter dated two guys that I know of. The youngest dated two. By the time the youngest got into high school, things had changed to more of a group thing than individual dating.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:07 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• Huh...u don't no..I have n2 teenage boys that are all into girls...and I sometimes can't stand when they little girlfriends come over...not to b mean but I have to pay attention to them and entertain them all....no fun
    mrs.MOM34

Answer by mrs.MOM34 at 10:47 PM on Apr. 14, 2013