Your mother or your kids

My bf and I lived apart for a period of time then I fell on hard times because my hours were cut so I asked my bf about moving back in with home he was hesitant because he's just let his mom move back in for the fourth time and she was not my biggest fan. We'd lived together in the past and it consisted of a lot of argument 99.9% of them which she started with me I'm just giving myself that .01% in case there's one I'm missing even though I know there's not. I can get along with anybody mostly because I'm very quiet so when it came about the day she called me the B word I was stunned.

Anywho my bf let his mom know me and our kids needed somewhere to stay. At the time she had two rooms in the house one room which she slept in the other she uses for storage. Her immediate response was no. She refused the idea. And for whatever reason e went along with it but I wit get Ito that. I need up scuffling sleeping on ppls floors. Staying here and there with my friends and no during this time he was not only not financially but physically either he did however help for about two months down the road

Anywho now I'm on my feet and his mother is pretty much begging and pleading to babysit and be apart of my kids lives. She disrespected me , I'm over that but to reject a child a place to live yet alone your grandchild is plain wrong and I've yet to let that go. My kids were sleeping on the floor at times he wasnt even 1 year old. My children's father became so upset with me calling me selfish and living in the past but how's my of you would allow someone to treat your children this way and turn around and act like nothing ever happened? And no she never apologized she keeps going through him asking about my kids. BE a woman and accept uouve wrongs. I offered toon time deal with her but in my own time not hers and for him that was not good enough and he took it out on my family who takes care of and helps me support his children.

An I wrong for feeling this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Mar. 25, 2013 in General Parenting

• No. I would not leave my kids with someone that disrespects me in front of them. Your BF needs to be a man and stand up for you. You have a man child on your hands.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• Excuse the typos I typed this on my phone at work
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:38 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• I pick my kids every time she is an adult she can get over it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• I know some people think that you have to make excuses and exceptions for family just because they are blood relatives... I disagree. I have completely cut out people who are just plain bad for me and my kids, and this includes "family".

Your boyfriend is your child's father, right? And he let you guys wander homeless with no monetary or other support from him? That right there is a dead-beat dad who I would want nothing to do with. I might allow him to have a relationship with the child for the child's sake, but I would never trust him again and certainly wouldn't be dating him. And honestly, his mother would be pretty far low on my "give-a-shit-about" list.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 10:56 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• so you two were living together, then you were broke and separated?

why does this story sound so familiar?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:08 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• Yea we were together we lived together I left. Then he started 'acting like' he wanted to do the right thing. I continued to stay out on my own until I fell on hard times then I asked him 'since we're pretty much working on our relationship, I'm struggling with the kids and working part time I need to move back in.' He indirectly said no after he went home and (obv. Told his mother) Before he went home his answer was yes.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:13 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• What Sebbiemama said. Read it, know it, believe it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:20 AM on Mar. 26, 2013

• Who's house is it? He would let his kids sleep on the floor or God knows where just because his mother says no? This is not a man to build a future with. Stick to you or guns and do not let the kids go where they'd ill be subjected to people that undermine you.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:26 AM on Mar. 26, 2013

• Tell me why again he is still your boyfriend?
    It was his house and his decision and he had room and said no and you are upset with his mother?

Sue I agree she is no prize, but that is not where my focus would.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:51 AM on Mar. 26, 2013