Help! :)

alright.. so in december i started watching whati eat.. and walking and i started using c25k and by mid febuary.. i had quit..

so here we are end of march and i'm thinking to myself i should of really kept going at it.. so i am starting again..

but how do i keep my motivation up??? thats my problem!! my motivation goes to the slumps and i quit.. how do you pull yourself through it?

also other than walking how can you incorporate the children into it? i have a 5 and 6 and thats my other problem i dont have a sitter i can just take them to husband works alot.. so its me!

any tips and help would be greatly appreciate it!

mampanda0422

Asked by mampanda0422 at 11:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• maybe have a friend do it with you?
    take the kids to the park to ride a bike while you walk?
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 11:56 PM on Mar. 25, 2013

• Take them to the pool in the summer, and keep imagining how much better you'll look in that bathing suit of yours if you stay motivated till then. I'm working on watching what I eat and exercising, too.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:00 AM on Mar. 26, 2013

• i dont have many friends out here thats my other problem.. lol.. i should of said that..

i have one.. and she doesn't drive and i have to go pick her up and her child is super bad and she doesn't tell her to stop or anything so i kind of avoid her...

and we tried the ride a bike and stuff but then they get tired and i end up pushing the bike around.. or scooter and its just annoying
    mampanda0422

Comment by mampanda0422 (original poster) at 12:01 AM on Mar. 26, 2013

• lol ok.... umm have them take a nap and you run around the house? i have no idea sorry. ohhhh i got an idea. you can take them outside and play tag with them. Race with them. just playing with the kids is exercise. kids like to dance too ya know :) could put on music and dance. Got a wii? that would help too

chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 12:05 AM on Mar. 26, 2013

• Lol.. yeah i thought about that also.. we do dance and nooo my wii broke :( it won't play any disk at all.. stupid thing..
    mampanda0422

Comment by mampanda0422 (original poster) at 12:05 AM on Mar. 26, 2013

• when i lost all of my weight i had the kids work out with me. i made it a fun competition. can you do more than mom?
    of course they could they were packing around less weight and were more flexible (un fused bones)
    they bragged to everyone!
    and i was hawt!!!!!!
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:06 AM on Mar. 26, 2013

• @feralxat thats a good idea!! i shall try that! we also got a ymca membership.. so that'll keep them entertained also!
    mampanda0422

Comment by mampanda0422 (original poster) at 12:13 AM on Mar. 26, 2013

• motivation is all you. Try making small goals that you can easily reach- like drinking so much water every day, or working out in some way for so many min. every day...as you rack the days up -you will have a streak going and you wont want to break that right?
    *that's what I did when I started- for me it was 1 bottle of water a day and 15 min of movement...after a week or so I upped the time and water a bit then after a couple weeks more-I upped again...

as for working out with kids- what about dancing with them? you could also maybe work out before they get up or after they go to bed- there are tons of youtube videos you can use :)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:33 AM on Mar. 26, 2013

• I suggest you put a photo wth what you want to look like after you lose the weight you want on the refrigerator and on your mirror.
    5 and 6 means they should be in school part o the day and you can certainly work out then. You can get a jazzy dance excercize video and do routines to that. There are plenty of programs on TV. If you have WII they also have lots of programs. You could do any of those while your kids are at home or at school.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:37 AM on Mar. 26, 2013

• Okay, so kids can be great motivation to eat healthier. Be their role-model! Don't eat in a way that you wouldn't want them to eat. Start with one small goal (ie: eat 5 servings of fruits and veggies each day or only have 1 serving of a "naughty" treat each day) and then once that's going well, keep adding on from there.

And then exercise - if you can all join the YMCA, there you go! The kids can go have fun while you are in an exercise class! I always worked harder in group classes since there were other people around... it's easier to slack off when no one is looking. And you might also make some friends.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 12:57 AM on Mar. 26, 2013