Okay.. I don't get it. Facebook & couples...

I see this all the time on Facebook with couples that LIVE together and are at home together... they'll write on each others walls and talk via Facebook when they're at the same place and could just TALK to each other...
It's usually some gushy love crap too.. I'm guessing it's just for show. It really bugs me though.

Nope. No question!

anestheticsex

Asked by anestheticsex at 1:18 AM on Mar. 26, 2013 in Just for Fun

• "I <3 you" or "I don't know where I would be without you" or "I knew that you were the one from the start." That was just so far this morning by a married couple I am friends with...and they are both home. Every now and again I get, but this every day, all day when they are right in the same house together? Starts to make me wonder if they are less in love and more into portraying that they are in love.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 7:01 AM on Mar. 26, 2013

• It's always weird to me when adults act like lovesick teenagers. It makes me wonder who they're trying so hard to convince of their undying love and affection - other people, or themselves.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:22 AM on Mar. 26, 2013

• Better that then those couples that post mushy shit about how much they love their SO then an hour later post some shit about how great it is to be single and how strong and independent they are.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:47 AM on Mar. 26, 2013

• I can't stand that! One time I didn't know my husband was home, and posted something about Johnny Depp from another friends wall, said something like, oh he can eat crackers with me anytime, my husband posted, umm I am in the other room! I thought that was funny!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 8:57 AM on Mar. 26, 2013

• To me, it depends on who it is. I know a couple who went through a very rough patch, then nearly lost one of their children, and came out the other side in one piece. They can post gush stuff to each other all they want. OTOH, any of my nieces interacting with some guy they've been dating for three weeks or less, whatever, please spare us.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:26 AM on Mar. 26, 2013

• I guess it is like writing a public love letter?

Maybe they need to pose on eachothers walls for the opposite gender friends their significant other may have on their list.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:36 AM on Mar. 26, 2013

• I don't get it either. DH and I rarely interact on each others fb,and even then it's usually to post a comment on a status or picture. The only "lovey" posts happen on birthdays and our anniversary. I tend to think that those who overdo it are trying to convince everyone else. I have one friend who is posting really lovey stuff one day, and the next will way overshare about whatever argument/problem they are having. Personally, I like some privacy in my marriage.

And don't even get me started on joint accounts (JohnandJaneDoe). Why don't they just go ahead and pee on each other?
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 9:59 AM on Mar. 26, 2013

• I always end up thinking, get the hell off the computer and smooch already!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:05 AM on Mar. 26, 2013

• That annoys me too. Worst yet, "joint FB accts" in which they do that. At that point you know that it's not about love & really about marking territory & a lack of trust.  If you really love someone, you don't need to tell them & everyone else. 

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:20 AM on Mar. 26, 2013

• Its worse when they share the same profile....
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 10:24 AM on Mar. 26, 2013