Just out of curiosity.... adult content

Okay ladies, just out of curiosity, I am wondering what should my next step be.
I'm 32, married, 3kids. I, at one point, wouldn't have minded a big family. But, with the economy, the stress my husband already endures being the sole bread-winner, not to mention lack of space, lack of money and a host of other things, I realize we simply CAN NOT afford another child.

Why am I saying this, good question!
Okay, well, normally, my cycle was coming (give or take for the last 3+ months or so) pretty regularly. Before that, they were pretty spaced out and just crazy because I had my third child in Jan. of 2011. I nursed her from pretty much that point up to just recently...like say, Jan./Feb. of this year. She's, of course, 2 now, so I've pretty much been bfing for 2yrs give or take a couple days/weeks.

I was, at one point, on the 'ring', but some crazy crap about me having to pay for it came up in either last Nov. or Dec. maybe even this past Jan. where I didn't get it. I didn't have the money and I was told that I didn't have to pay for it because of my dual insurance. I tried to run it under my secondary insurance, by that wasn't flying either. So, hubby and I have been using the pull-out method. Well, recently, like say late Feb. after my last period, early March, we did the do, and I it got so good that I felt like tempting fate and didn't let him pull out. But I made sure that I took a pregnancy test a week or so after that and I've been checking every since then. All seemed well, until March 14th came...and nothing. Okay, no need to panic, so I figured that it would be like the 15th maybe even the 16th....but nope, nothing still. So, I sat around and waited...and I didn't get anything but very VERY light spotting, like a pinkish tint on tissue and then brownish tint and then 'something' on the sanitary napkin. I was like, 'hmm, okay, what's going on here?' But then PRAISE BE TO GOD, it came finally Friday the 22nd and Saturday with cramps and all. Now, normally, it would stay like about 6 or 7 days from the time of full start until there's nothing less to come out...but it's only Monday going into Tuesday...and I'm already very light.

So, to recap:
I, for the last few months, have had a consistent period coming around the 14th...staying for 6 or 7 days start to finish...but recently, it decided to 'lightly tint-spot' for a 2-3 day after the 14, then finally it came, but seems to be over a little quicker than I'm used to. The pregnancy test I took a couple of weeks or so ago said negative....so what do I do? Do I just be happy, or question it? Is it possible that since I'm trying to get my youngest off breast, and she hasn't gotten anything out of the boobies for the last few days or so, that my no longer nursing boobs are causing me to have a crazy period? I can't afford a test, but I wil do what I have to. I've had anywhere between 2 to 4 miscarriages, 2 very preemie babies, a third that was just at 37wks and needed surgery at one month of age...I'm so very scared to go through all of this again. I am so scared. I personally would prefer a permanent procedure because I develop either pregnancy induced hypertension or pregnancy induced diabetes when I'm prego, but nothing too much one the baby is delivered...and it's because of me that the babies have had to come early.

What would you do? Have you been though this? What's the deal?!

HomeEduIsCool

Asked by HomeEduIsCool at 4:54 AM on Mar. 26, 2013 in Pregnancy

• If you don't want another baby, at least buy some condoms! My periods changed some after having kids, so it might just be that. If you had your period, it's doubtful you are pregnant. After my last baby, I had my tubes tied but had I not done that I would probably be looking at mirena or similar.

Answer by missanc at 5:51 AM on Mar. 26, 2013

• What would I do? I would take another test in the morning now and go with that result. Stopping the breastfeeding can change your cycle (as you already know) and since you just stopped a couple months ago I would let your body get used to it's cycle before freaking out. In the mean time, perhaps an IUD would be a good option since it's a one time thing and you don't have to think about it.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:12 AM on Mar. 26, 2013

• Pee on the stick again, and if your result is negative, GO GET YOUR HUBBY FIXED!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• Hon, if you don't want any more babies, then you've got to use some form of b.c. I had problems w/ my insurance covering the patch & the pill made me so sick that I couldn't take it, so we also did the pull out.... then along came #3! I was using otc thingys after that, & ended up w/ #4. Signed the papers to get my tubes tied, but ended up having a partial hysterectomy (thank god! lol) so I've got no worries, but seriously, take another test. If you aren't preggers, consider this scare as a sign. Some insurances will cover you getting your tubes tied, if yours doesn't, as much as it sucks, your dh either needs to wrap that sucker up, or you need to go to a planned parenting place or somewhere & get back on some form of b.c. G.L.!
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 2:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• Thank all of you ladies so very much. I was on the IUD...Paragard T, and I bled horribly for 3months thereafter. I ended up needing to have a surgery to remove it because they, when I went for a string check, could not see the string through all of the blood. I tried to warn the doctor but she assured me that it was fine...but then when she seen the 'bloody mess' I was referring to, she had a look of 'OH MY GOODNESS' on her face. It two people to try and remove it...they used every instrument at their disposal and even an ultrasound...and it just wouldn't budge. They signed me up for emergency surgery and in the meantime, they gave me drugs to help my uterus contract and shed some of the blood that had built up. It must have fell out because after the surgery, I woke up to a nurse telling me they couldn't find it. I was then given an x-ray and they couldn't find it. So...needless to say, I'm scare of IUD's. lol
    HomeEduIsCool

Comment by HomeEduIsCool (original poster) at 5:07 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• In terms of condoms, I don't mind using condoms. Our sex life is so INfrequent that when we do, I just assumed it was around the time I wouldn't be ovulating so I figured that that should work. I don't think I'm pregnant, but I just can't say for sure. My period looks so weird and I feel bloated. I'm a fat girl these days, and while I'm comfy in my skin, I just want to rule everything out...lol. In terms of not wanting any more kids, God's will for us is HIS will, but I'm just saying that right now, we can't afford it and we don't have the room, not to mention all of the other things going on with us. I'm a Christian and all, but I believe in faith and wisdom not foolishness...lol. I've done the patch, but while I loved it, when I was thinner, my doctor took me off of it because of hypertension issues. I would love a permanent fix. But I feel like I'd be making a mistake. Anyone tried the natural prevention method...
    HomeEduIsCool

Comment by HomeEduIsCool (original poster) at 5:14 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• The natural method of preventing pregnancy helps you to monitor your mucus...anyone have any experience with it?
    HomeEduIsCool

Comment by HomeEduIsCool (original poster) at 5:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• In the end you gotta do what you feel is best. Never tried the natural method but it's worth a shot right? lol. We were done after #3, but obviously God had another plan for us. It was truly bitter sweet signing the papers to get my tubes tied & in the end not needing to have it done anyway, & I do see little babies & think awwww, that part of my life is over... But honestly, I'm glad things happened like they did because as you said, we couldn't afford more kids & especially w/ your health issues during preg. you should weigh all your options. Wish you the best.
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 11:43 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Once again, thank all of you ladies for your advice. I'm just so nervous about testing again because, as we all know, when testing, you start freaking yourself out and trying to weigh the pros and cons of the situation. At least that's what I am doing. The way I'm trying to look at it is like this: my boobs aren't sore, I got what looks like my period (eventhough it took it's sweet time getting here and when it did decide to grace my uterus with it's presence, it dragged on in the tint of brown and pink/red deal for a few days, but then a day or so later, like Friday/Saturday, it came...cramps and all, then got lighter and lighter on Monday and Tuesday...it's barely there now), I smell everything, but I'm taking that as left-over period sensitivity. People are getting on my nerves and I'm emotional, but I'm not willing to relate that the possibility of pregnancy. I'm considering going to the dollar store...thoughts????
    HomeEduIsCool

Comment by HomeEduIsCool (original poster) at 4:26 AM on Mar. 28, 2013

• I almost forgot...I got a serious sweet tooth and the acne/body-ne to show for it. I don't get a lot of sleep as it is because I homeschool starting roughly at 5am, I have 3 kids (11, 6, and 2), I do all the housewife stuff and I take hubby to work and pick him up...so I can't fairly associate me being tired/drained with pregnancy either because I don't get sleep as it is. I feel bloated, but I'm not sure what that's about either. Just wanted to add more to the comment I made before this one.
    HomeEduIsCool

Comment by HomeEduIsCool (original poster) at 4:30 AM on Mar. 28, 2013