6 weeks pregnant light bleeding...help please!!!

I woke up feeling like I had to pee soo Bad I was cramping a little and wiped bright red blood
I put a pad on and there was just a few spots of brownish blood on it when I went back to the bathroom about 30 mins later. Wiped and it was a little red but more brown. I just now went to the bathroom (it has been about 2 hours) And wiped and nothing was there. No blood. I took a pregnancy test and it was still positive.

I am freaking out. I haven't been approved for insurance yet. I am rh negative. Should I go to the er and get a shot since I have bled? Or should I just wait and call the dr and then go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:33 AM on Mar. 26, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I am not sure what shot you would get for bleeding, but i would call the doc in the morning. I had this happen around 12 weeks with my younger dd. Did you have sex within a couple days of it happening? My doc told me that having sex could make some blood that may have been up there come out. She said that if it is brownish it is not new and that it usually is not anything to be concerned about. The key word is usually. So although it may be nothing still call in the morning.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:54 AM on Mar. 26, 2013

• The rhogam shot for my blood type. So that way if its not a miscarriage and my baby has positive blood it doesn't affect the baby
    And at first the blood was bright red. But thank you. I will be calling the dr in the morning
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:08 AM on Mar. 26, 2013

• Since you're spotting you might need the shot sooner in this pregnancy. I would call your doctor this morning. Good luck.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:27 AM on Mar. 26, 2013

• I had that with my second pregnancy. It was a subchorionic hemmorage. I went in to the OBGYN & they did an internal ultrasound & all was well. The baby was fine. Can you go to the ER just so they can do a sono? Just to put your mind at ease. Relax & keep calm. GL
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:41 AM on Mar. 26, 2013

• Call your Dr. and tell them what you posted here and have them advise you of what to do.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:30 AM on Mar. 26, 2013

• Call your doctor. Doctor is usually cheaper than ER. I would get it checked, but I actually hemorrhaged early in my pregnancy with my third son. I mean a flood, at 9 weeks, and again at 3 months pregnant. Gave birth to a healthy baby boy, so don't panic, but I would see the doctor.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:11 AM on Mar. 26, 2013

• When you say have not been apporved for insurance, do you mean as in you are trying just now to get it? Do you have insurance, and just have not got the insurance to acknowledge the pregnancy, I think you go to the doctor like as in today, no matter what the insurance deal is.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 10:51 AM on Mar. 26, 2013

• I called my dr. She said since I have stopped bleeding then I would probably be okay. But if I start bleeding more to go to the er. I am waiting for pregnancy Medicaid to approve me and my husband just started a new job and we won't have insurance for two months! Thank u all. Hopefully it isn't a miscarriage.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:28 AM on Mar. 26, 2013

• Went to the er...and the baby had a strong heart beat but I do have a subchorionic hemmorhage. So so these usually result.in a normal pregnancy?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:55 PM on Mar. 27, 2013