Allergies or a cold virus?

I'm used to ONE kid showing up with allergies - and that mom is insisting it is allergies and not a cold. Two days later each of the other kids are getting sick. I just think it's strange. How do you tell if it's allergies or if it's a cold and a kid should be kept home?

augsmom

Asked by augsmom at 8:52 AM on Mar. 26, 2013 in General Parenting

• I've had seasonal allergies all my life and sometimes I can't even tell if it is or a cold. Allergies can be bad every other day or can last day after day and make u dreadfully miserable. A cold doesn't come and go. Have they both had allergies in the past or is it only been the one child? Everyone's sensitivity is different so it could be normal for it to take a few days to bother the other kid. Or it could've taken a few days to catch the cold. There are times mine are bad and my sons isn't. Either one is possible but there's not really any way to tell.
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 9:59 AM on Mar. 26, 2013