How do i get my brain back in shape?

Im 34, going back to college. I went a few years a go but didn't finish. Since being a mom at home all day and working retail in the evenings, I feel like my brain has really done some back peddling! I need to get my smarts back! Im planning on going back for fall, so I have some time to brush up a bit.. any advice on training the brain to get me ready?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Mar. 26, 2013 in Health

• Have you checked out Lumosity.com? It's free for a bit, then after a certain stage.. you have to start paying.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 10:38 AM on Mar. 26, 2013

• Trust yourself. You'll get back in the groove. I went back to college at 31, and I fell right back into the student pattern. What really helped me was to make a schedule that showed what I had to do each week to stay ahead of the game and not get flooded with too much studying at any one time.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:32 AM on Mar. 26, 2013

• Good for you! Be confident! Once you've begun all that reading in college, your brain will be in shape for sure. Lots of water and a good diet will help. Carbs will give you a boost but keep it healthy - bananas, whole grain snacks, other fruit.

Since I'm not in school, my spelling and grammar have declined. So I try to read a lot and I enjoy Sudoku, chess, and when I'm really brain dead, solataire or crosswords. Helping my kids with homework and seizing those teachable moments help me, too.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 11:47 AM on Mar. 26, 2013

• Read, read, and read some more... Do word searches, Sudoku..etc... Get out some old Higher math courses and work them in the evenings, trying to get the right answers...then, read, read and read some more on anything and everything.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 6:53 PM on Mar. 26, 2013