Can anyone recommend a really GOOD vaccuum for under $100?

When Ames was still in business I got a cute light blue Dirt Devil for $30 and I loved it. Amazing suction and lasted me 10+ yrs. Last yr I got a bagless red Dirt Devil Cyclone something or other for $40 at Walmart and the stupid thing lasted 3mos. I won't spend hundreds of dollars on one. I'd love to get a Dyson though.

I've been borrowing my moms for too long now and it doesn't work worth squat and the baby is crawling all over the place so I need a good one.

ThatBoysMom

Asked by ThatBoysMom at 10:52 AM on Mar. 26, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Crappy vacuums are easy to come by... we went through 4 different ones before buying our Shark Professional at Costco. It was $170 and I couldn't be happier with it.. it has a 5 year warranty, and never loses suction. I know it's over $100 - but you might want to check it out anyway.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 11:02 AM on Mar. 26, 2013

• Check at Big Lots for a dyson, Hoover makes a wind tunnel, that is around $130, but I had the Dirt Devil you talked about, and it was awful, we only have one room with carpet in it, and I might as well have thrown my money out of the window.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 11:11 AM on Mar. 26, 2013

• We just got a Bissell power groom compact a few mos. ago, & so far so good. It's really light & still has good suction, which is surprising in our house... lol. We got it at Walmart & don't remember how much it was, but know it was under $100..... I've seriously entertained the thought of just buying one of those industrial sized fans, opening all the windows & blowing the dirt & dust out of the house... so that maybe my next option if this vacum doesn't work out.... lol
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 11:29 AM on Mar. 26, 2013

• I bought a shop vac from Walmart (wet and dry clean) for $70.00 a year ago. It's been great and has a 5 year waranty. It shampoos your carpet, as well as vaccuums. The filters for regular vaccuuming is about $10.00 for 2. The suction works great, my granddaughter sucked up my 27" table cloth up with it. Lol, retrieved it all in one piece.
    Sierrarose99

Answer by Sierrarose99 at 12:35 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• You get what you pay for! I doubt you'll find anything good for under $100.
    I have a Rainbow, myself. Had it for over 20 years and it still runs like a champ!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:43 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• The hubby wants an Orreck (or however its spelled) He knows nothing about vacuums but did say something once about that ShopVac. I think I can talk him into spending more than $100 ;-)
    ThatBoysMom

Comment by ThatBoysMom (original poster) at 1:19 PM on Mar. 26, 2013