12 year old boy babysitting our 8 year old?

Our regular babysitter cancelled, and my friend has a 12 year old boy who is a boy scout, blah, blah, blah, but to be truthful the kid is sooo good he gives me the creeps! We have a wedding to go to this weekend, and will be gone for 8 hours, I told my husband that we shouldn't go if this is our only option.
I do think a 12 year old can babysit, but for some reason, I just don't like my friend's child (I know terrible of me).
I said husband can go alone, or we must try to find someone else, my son is uncomfortable with unkown people, so it is making it hard. Let him watch our boy, or not go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• oh..no kid wedding...then there would be a no mom wedding, wouldn't go. my kid's safety ismore important than a stupid wedding
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:37 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• Looks to me like your intuition talked to you already, listen.....or maybe you can take him with you....

Answer by older at 12:32 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• I would not hire any 12 yr. old to watch an 8 yr. old for more than a quick run to the store. They are too young and the time period is too long. And if, heaven forbid there is an emergency...

I would not hire a babysitter who could not drive, especially being gone for 8 hours.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:34 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• No children allowed, period, and the wedding is about an hour away (even more cause for concern) I aske my friend if he could come over there the first time, so she could be with them, and still gladly pay him, tried to explain the first time he was going to do it and so on, but she said that he is more than capable of watching him alone, I am calling my husband and her and telling them both, I have a 5 day headache, LOL!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:35 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• butterflyblue19

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:35 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• i'd take my kid with me. my son has some serious social anxiety but he goes with me everywhere. i don't do it to be mean, i just don't trust other people with my kids
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:36 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• No way would I let a 12 year old that creeps me out babysit my kid for 8 hours.. Especially when you will be an hour away and couldn't get home quickly in case of an emergency. I'd get a different sitter or just take the kid to the wedding if possible.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 12:37 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• Trust your gut. If it doesn't feel right, you won't have a good time at the wedding anyway.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:38 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• for 2-4 hours maybe but not for 8. no way in hell.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 26, 2013