Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 2:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2013 in Health

• Yup, someone else to blame for poor nutrition choices, that's what we need.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:38 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• It seems to me this study doesn't really prove much, except that heavier people produce more methane and hydrogen gas in their breath. I don't think that we can take from this that they are heavier because they produce more - it could just as easily be they produce more because they are heavier. The only real way to even try to confirm this would be to test someone's levels before they gain a bunch of weight, or lose a bunch of weight, and test as they go through that gain/loss, and determine what, if anything, happens to those levels.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:55 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• eye rolling

Now people will start using that for an excuse on why they ar over weight 

LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:32 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• Those levels may only be high because they are big. It may not mean it made them that way. (Didn't read the whole article though) I think I'll go with the fridge test. It shows why I'm not. :-)
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 2:43 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• *sighs*
    Maybe. In very few cases. But most of the time, its poor health choices and an inactive lifestyle.
    KimmyDaring

Answer by KimmyDaring at 2:49 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• Although I happen to know that I give off excess amounts of both gasses and I am over weight, I think at least ome of the c root cause might be the soda, and candy bars and ice cream and well downright lack of activity. lol

I do think that part may be due to all the medicines we take as well. I have 3 I will never get off of in one form or another. All three have the side affect of weight gain. Not an excuse, just a fact. I will take the extra pounds for living a decent quality of life.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 3:56 PM on Mar. 26, 2013