Anyone taking the antidepressant Effexor?

I have been taking 75 mg of Effexor for my depression and anxiety for a month now and was bumped up to 150mg last week. It is really helping with my depression, but not with my social anxiety. Has anyone had success with this Med for anxiety? If not, what worked for you? I have taken Prozac, Celexa and one other, with no luck in either depression or anxiety....I am praying the Effexor will help.

RubyBlue82

Asked by RubyBlue82 at 2:39 PM on Mar. 26, 2013 in Health

• I took it years ago and it helped with my anxiety attacks. But, I SUCK at remembering to take pills regularly and if I'd skip even one dose it would make me sick to my stomach so I eventually stopped taking them, and luckily still haven't had a real panic attack since. I think social anxiety is something that needs to be helped through therapy though, not medication.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 4:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2013