Are your kids scared of the Easter Bunny? Wouldn't it be better if there were just real, regular sized bunnies kids could take pictures with rather than an overgrown bunny?

My kids are terrified of the Easter Bunny. lol

uwmilf

Asked by uwmilf at 4:06 PM on Mar. 26, 2013 in Holidays

• My son is now 8, and still is afraid of anything in a costume, I can't tell you how many pictures we have missed, maybe you should start a service, The REAL easter bunny pictures! I bet there would be a huge call for it!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 4:08 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• In my area there actually are spring photo ops available with real bunnies and chicks! Maybe there are some sponsored by businesses or photographers near you.

My DD has always loved the E bunny, but Santa really weirded her out. lol.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 4:10 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• I think I actually find the giant Easter bunny more disturbing than my kids do. They aren't afraid. I thought about that and Santa a couple years ago, how strange it is that we teach our kids to stay away from and not talk to strangers and yet we plop them on Santa's lap and let him give them candy? Same with the Easter Bunny. Then, if that isn't enough, we take photographic evidence of us being hypocritical of our parenting advice to kids. LOL, I know I'm over-thinking it. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• Our zoo sponsors photo shoots at different times wih the baby "barnyard" animals.
    My kids never had a problem with it though
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:13 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• QuinnMae,

When my daughter was barely over a year old, her first Easter event I took her to they had the Easter Bunny pics and a lady just came up, took my daughter and plopped her on the Easter bunny's lap. She was terrified. It is funny how we teach about stranger danger but can easily give our kids up to strangers in a costume for photos. lol
    uwmilf

Comment by uwmilf (original poster) at 4:14 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• LOL, exactly. I'm glad I'm not alone.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• My kids have never been around the Easter Bunny, so I just showed them a couple of pictures. They say they're not afraid, but that they do think it's creepy for a person to dress up like that.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:18 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• Yes, my kids would definitely prefer to that a picture with real bunnies.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 4:19 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• I don't know. He wasn't hestiant at all to run up to Chuck E Cheese but seemed a bit sketchy about Santa Claus. We haven't tried the Easter Bunny.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 4:32 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:36 PM on Mar. 26, 2013