Do you ever feel like you're stuck in a life you don't even want anymore?

I feel that way a lot lately.

uwmilf

Asked by uwmilf at 4:38 PM on Mar. 26, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I don't think that we are ever really stuck. If you feel that something needs to change, change it. We can only help ourselves.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 4:44 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• No
    Its good to talk to someone, let go of anything holding you back, try new things.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• I feel like Me and Evan Williams will be getting to know each other a little better some nights than others... but I never feel stuck. Stuck would not be a good feeling to have. Do you have anyone close by you can talk to?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:47 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• I've managed to make changes for my life and I got into the University I wanted (which is a huge accomplishment for me in itself) not to mention I'm earning a 3.50 GPA right now (which is also another huge accomplishment for me), but I suppose I am just frustrated with myself for taking this long to finally do something. I feel like I wasted ten years of my adult life on doing nothing and I am just anxious to stabilize my life. Become financially secure and stable. Not that money means everything to me, but I'm sick of living in a house that isn't mine where I can't have a dog. lol And I can't decorate it the way I want it. I know that seems petty, but I suppose that's what being successful will mean to me. Not only having a career that I enjoy but having the freedom to enjoy the life that I always dream about.
    uwmilf

Comment by uwmilf (original poster) at 4:47 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• Yeah I have my cousin and a couple friends. I am pretty introverted sometimes though. I don't often feel comfortable talking to people...except online.
    uwmilf

Comment by uwmilf (original poster) at 4:49 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• I don't think I have ever felt that way, but we all have the power to change things we don't like...a little patience and some time will do the trick

Answer by older at 4:51 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• BTW

My husband and I separated at the beginning of the year. We were separated for three months and quite honestly I felt liberated from it. Yet somehow we ended up back together and even though things are pretty stable right now, I have this aching feeling in my gut all the time that it's not what I want anymore and I'm just trying to find the courage to finally say it to him. I know it will crush him and with everything that is going on in his life right now, I feel like it would destroy him. I know it's deceitful, but perhaps I'm also giving our relationship the benefit of the doubt, but my gut keeps tugging me in the other direction.
    uwmilf

Comment by uwmilf (original poster) at 4:51 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• yep. its hard to feel anything but stuck when the only way out of my situation is to finish my degree. ive got at least another 2 semester of school before i can start working (i can teach now but then i wouldnt get loans for school & id have to pay back my old ones). i dont feel that everyday, but yeah sometimes i feel that way.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:59 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• Yes, all the time.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 5:01 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• Sounds like you're headed in the right direction. You'll feel so much better after you graduate. Sounds like my situation in 2009. What a motivator. I was going to leave when he was going to stand in the way of me enrolling. And we were even married for 5 yrs then. It's all I wanted in the whole world was to do something for myself. A step I thought I missed along the way. Now I can't believe I was going to let him go!! Now all I want is this family. I don't even care that I am not working right now. I just had to complete who I was. He wanted more kids and was mad I was making him wait til my 2 yrs were up. Our son was almost 4. Graduate and let things calm down and just maybe you'll change your mind about him. I was so angry with him even though I chose to be with him at 16. I did keep up with our "agreement" and had our daughter last summer. We've been together 13 yrs. Gooooood luck!!!
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 5:07 PM on Mar. 26, 2013