Looking for encouragement ...had 2 miscarriages...

Had one at 8 weeks and also at 18 weeks several years ago. Kinda wanting to try to conceive again... But scared... Anybody have a healthy pregnancy after several miscarriages and like to share?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2013 in Pregnancy

• After two full term, healthy pregnancies, I miscarried twice. I felt both times that something was off and I just didn't feel right. My doctor assured me I was fine, did no checking and I lost each one. I got pregnant again after the second loss and I started to have that feeling again. I went to the doctor and insisted he not only check my hcg blood level but also my progesterone level. He thought is was unnecessary but did it. He took it once for a benchmark and again a week later. My progesterone had fallen from 20 to 15 and he started me on prometrium suppositories right away. My son was born 12 days past his due date. I'm not saying that this would solve every miscarriage across the US, but I firmly believe that this is why I lost the other two. Remember that your doctor is working for YOU. Press them if you feel you need more attention than you are getting...most doctors brush off miscarriage.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:13 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• Don't give up! you will eventually keep it! it happens more than you are aware of, I know of a lady who had 5 of them in a row, it is God's way of letting you know it wasn't coming on quite right...nature is very good at that...hugs for you!

Answer by older at 6:36 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• hugs

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:32 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• What were the causes?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• I've had four miscarriages, and I've got a healthy five-year-old daughter who is worth all the sorrow I went through to get her, and more. If there's no underlying cause that prevents you from carrying a pregnancy to term, try again and just know that if it works out, all of your tears will have been worth shedding. And if it doesn't, you won't have missed your chance becaus of fear.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:48 AM on Mar. 27, 2013