Does anyone have recommendations on a good affordable vacuum?

I need a new vaccum, something that will work good for pets. Ive been reading reviews and those always freak me out! after all bad news does tend to travel faster then good news. So I just need some recommendations on a good one that works! thank you!!

Amanduhpanda

Asked by Amanduhpanda at 2:21 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I have a Bissell. It is under 200. Here is a link. I clean homes and have been using this same vac for 3 years. If a Dyson is not in the budget I highly rec this one.
    http://www.bissell.com/Products/c/uprightvacuum/p/37604/product.aspx
    I chose the lift off because I clean alot of steps. I also ordered the bare floor piece for all non carpet. It is well worth it.
    yldflwr

Answer by yldflwr at 3:34 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Well I know you don't want to spend a lot but the dyson animal is the sh%t. I bought mine from bed bath and beyond with a 20% off coupon. I think we paid 350.00 4 years ago. I love it. Sadly my rottie died but I still use it everyday. It seems like a lot but it hasn't lost suction.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 7:19 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• i have the cheapest vaccum walmart carries and i love it. we did buy a 200 dollar one and it shit the bed in 3 weeks. no matter what we did to it. so cheap is good.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:40 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I have a couple of orecks and am getting ready to purchase the Oreck Halo. They are spendy but they are the greatest vacuums ever. You can pay per month if you need to.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:59 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I actually work at Oreck and I am saving my pennies for the Oreck Halo. It is so awesome! It actually kills bacteria, Ecoli, Dust Mite Eggs, Flea Eggs, and anything that is disease ridden in your house on your carpets. I am so excited since the release of this vacuum. I would say that if you want cheap and you want quality you can either come into an Oreck store and see if they have any refurbished vacuums or you could call the factory and see what kind of refurbs they have. It is a great product, and I don't have to say that but I do love them! Usually you can get a refurbished upright for really cheap. The only thing you would be missing out on would be the warranty and service on them. Well there is my input, Good Luck.
    Jrmowery0919

Answer by Jrmowery0919 at 8:57 PM on Feb. 17, 2009