Why am i so territorial?

ugh, it irks the hell out of me when my kids are all inside but half the damn neighborhood is playing on my property (running around the perimeter of my house, through my yard, rocks that ive laid out and coming dangerously close to the garden i busted my ass with all day yesterday, touching my swingset) like i literally cant relax when this is going on. i feel like they are going to destroy something. are you like this? it could be because i was raised as an only child so im used to everything that's mine is mine.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 6:37 PM on Mar. 26, 2013 in Just for Fun

• We are all a bit territorial to some point, I hear ya...but remember they are only children.....

Answer by older at 6:39 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• i know, they are ages ranging from 7-13. it would actually bug me less if they were super young children.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 6:42 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• I'm like that too
    I call it the "hey you kids! get off my lawn!' disease,lol
    I don't understand why people can't just respect your lawn
    My yard is not a park
    Also if they get hurt,you get sued

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:45 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• lol im definitely riddled with that disease. i hate to be known as the mean lady on the block but sometimes i have to defend my shit. like today for instance the 13 year old was poking at my windchimes that i just bought today. it wasn't hung well so if he had knocked them off the frog would've broken. so i went out there and told him to leave it alone!
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 6:48 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

•  Nope- not alone.  When you work hard to have nice things, you like to keep them that way.  And if your kids are in the house, the neighbor kids don't need to still be in the yard.  Don't they have their own yards to play in? (BTW- I grew up an only child too! :p)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• I get it, I would be irritated if a bunch of kids were running around on my property. They should have been taught to respect barriers by that age. I would let them know they are not welcome on your property and let their parents know as well.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 6:51 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• My concern is less with something getting hurt and more on someone getting hurt - which then means I get sued. That's also why the only kids in the neighborhood with lazy ass parents who don't watch them are not allowed to play at anyone else's house in this neighborhood anymore. In the meantime we still hold out hope CPS will rescue them before the idiot manages to kill one of them via neglect.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• I get territorial, too, but I've had to let a lot of it go because I now live in a condo complex. So my property ends at my porch steps. It does surprise me how many parents don't seem to teach their kids to leave things alone that don't belong to them.

When I read the question title, my first sarcastic just-for-fun response, no matter who had written the post or what she asked, was going to be well, bitches tend to be territorial, right? *Smile.*
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:53 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• I don't like uninvited people in my yard either.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:58 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• That could be, but I laid out my garden and when I toldthe neighborhood kids where I did not want them to play they stayed out of those areas.so I do not have much experience with your dilema.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:20 PM on Mar. 26, 2013