Is anyone else seeing a visible shift on fb today?

At first I thought it was just being overlooked in the sea of red icons and pro-gay marriage pics, so I went through my sidebar and newsfeed intentionally looking for it. None of the proselytizers who generally spout off a bible verse or 2 or 12 each day have posted a thing.

Is there some unofficial anti-gay marriage fb boycott going on, or just people avoiding conflict?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 6:57 PM on Mar. 26, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't do FB, but the Supreme Court began hearing arguments on the CA law on gay marriage. It's huge. Unless of course they cop out & defer the decision to the states.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:01 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• I noticed the exact same thing. I honestly think they are boycotting facebook today because certain people on my friend's list post 10 times a day and today not one post.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:10 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• They are out numbered and know it!!!!

Answer by older at 7:14 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• I never looked at it that way... you may be right NP
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:16 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• I didn't even notice till you said something.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

Originally, I only noticed it in terms of one inlaw who is usually flooding fb not being on all day. That's when I realized he wasn't the only one, and it's not just their proselytizing posts that are missing, but all the other random "going to the store"/ "look what's for dinner" type posts weren't being posted either.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 7:25 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• "the Supreme Court began hearing arguments on the CA law on gay marriage"

That's what it is - we're showing our support in light of the arguments and all ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:32 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• Oh, and I've noticed fewer instances of Bible spouting today, too, except for a handful of responses to some of the pro-gay statuses, etc. I've seen fellow Christians in support, though, which makes me glad. I love being on facebook and seeing people I went to church with posting for equality. It makes me realize how fortunate my religious upbringing and so forth has really been, that I was raised in a church where not only is it okay to speak up for equality (etc), but you know you're not alone in doing so :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:35 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• I don't have anyone in my friends list who posts anti-gay stuff. People like that wouldn't last in my friends list.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:39 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• I don't have anyone in my friends list who posts anti-gay stuff.

I don't either. Posting endless bible verses, no matter how annoying, is not the same as outwardly posting hostility towards gay people.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 7:42 PM on Mar. 26, 2013