Is it a sin to masturbate?

i was talking to a couple of people about pure romance. I had a mag and asked if one of them would want to see the mag she said no im single. i said so that doesnt mean you can buy yourself something. her responce was shes a single christian...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Mar. 26, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• some more conservative Christians use the story of Onan in the OT as proof against masturbation. he was punished for spilling his seed on the ground...but they miss the point that Onan was doing it to keep from getting his (now dead) brother's wife pregnant (any kid she had would be considered his brother's child & inherit his brother's stuff). it had nothing to do with self-gratification.

my take on it, is if you can get ppl to control their most basic instincts (even when they harm no one) then you have total control over that person...and thats is politicized religion's number 1 goal. so they made masturbation a sin...i of course think it is not.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:21 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• No,it's a sin NOT too!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• I do not think it is, but then again I have no religion....but it seems a normal human need.....

Answer by older at 7:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• No, Its sex with someone you love!!!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:06 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• I guess she doesn't shave her legs, or wear lip gloss, or perfume, or lotion.... Romance companies are much more than toys. I have products that I use every single day!

Masturbation is a bodily function- like sneezing. You've got to keep everything in good working order, and if you don't, nature takes over. This is why men have nocturnal emissions, etc. Women are a little different, but they can have very erotic dreams and orgasms in their sleep, too.
    And a sin in what religion?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:45 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• not if you do it right!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• Another instance where the church puts a ban on an urge that god purportedly gave human beings to give them pleasure.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 2:05 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• No
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• Some say it is others say it isn't... It was kind of rude and presumptuous of her to imply that all Christians do not masturbate.
    Anonymous