How often do you read the Bible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• daily. I read 3-4 chapters. I am now in the book of Jeremiah,I am reading it cover to cover. I enjoy my readings and I also journal
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 5:25 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• as much as i can, several times a week
    mamabear484

Answer by mamabear484 at 8:48 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• I try to shoot for daily, but I usually actually sit down and do it 2-4 times/week. I usually take a Bible study/topic class for 9-12 weeks in the fall and then again in the spring. When that it going on I generally have to spend more time studying so I'm up on whatever it is we're discussing. I have read through the Bible three times in my life.

Answer by missanc at 8:51 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• Usually everyday. At least a few verses in the two devotionals I study
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 9:16 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• It's a good goal to try to read it through

I don't understand how someone can say they are a Christian without having already done that at least once? I've read through several versions start to finish, and it's not even my religion.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:59 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• never
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:34 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• All the time. I even invite the JW ladies in every week to discuss, because the one who always comes is so sweet and I really don't mind respectful conversation. But I prefer to read books about the history and development of the faith - it helps put what the Bible says into context. All I read, practically, is nonfiction pertaining to religion. It's just really fascinating to me, so I enjoy it. I see it as spiritual nourishment, too, since I feel like I get a lot out of it. I see faith as a cultivation, not a one time arrival, so study and reflection, etc, really help me to refine my beliefs :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:37 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• I've read it through two times. I have had classes on different books in the bible. I have done a lot of research into it from all different perspectives.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:38 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• never
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 8:43 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• I've read all of the New Testament several times and most of the Old, but I don't sit and read it for entertainment. I look up what I need to, and also read devotionals maybe once or twice a week.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:34 PM on Mar. 26, 2013